Polar s710i

bikemonk

Jul 30, 2003
I've bought and started using the Polar s710i. and after a while I bought the infrared connection to download my exersice data. I don't know what I 'm doing wrong but I can't seem to make it work. Has anyone encountered the same or similar problems? Any help would be appreciated!...

Originally posted by rek
Do you have the USB or the serial version of the IR pod thingy?

I'm pretty sure this topic (for the USB ones at least) has been discussed here a few times, a forum search should bring up the thread. There is also the Polar Australia forum which has a section devoted to computer link kit support:

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

Thanks

I will follow the leads and hope for the best.

We carry Polar at our shop, and I use a Ciclosport Hac4, which also uses a computer download system.

If you are running windows XP, that can be a problem. It didn't carry the driver I needed for the plug and play usb, so I had to download the windows 2000 driver for it.

I looked on a Polar 720i and IR interface package, and it mentioned the windows formats it supported... and XP wasn't one of them.

Originally posted by ceeberjeebers
We carry Polar at our shop, and I use a Ciclosport Hac4, which also uses a computer download system.

If you are running windows XP, that can be a problem. It didn't carry the driver I needed for the plug and play usb, so I had to download the windows 2000 driver for it.

I looked on a Polar 720i and IR interface package, and it mentioned the windows formats it supported... and XP wasn't one of them.

Do you know where I could find the Windows 2000 driver?

Thanks in advance.

Do you know where I could find the Windows 2000 drivers for the IR infrared package?
Thank you in advance

Check on the polar website, and see if they have a patch that will get you set. If not, you may be able to get a patch from Iogear, at www.iogear.com , they sell a serial to usb adaptor, and the xp driver they have might work.

I use an S720 with the USB IR kit, to install on XP I installed the software from the CD, then plugged in the IR port, waited for windows installer to load up, then pointed it in the direction of the windows 2000 driver which is hidden away either on the CD or in the installation folder, I can't quite remember.