Polar s710i

bikemonk

Jul 30, 2003
I updated my computer to Windows XP and still have problems to install the infrared uplink (USB) to the pc. I know that other people have encountered the same problem and have opted out for the serial connection. I will probably do the same but I was wondering if anyone knows a trick for installation with the XP.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bikemonk

Originally posted by bikemonk
I updated my computer to Windows XP and still have problems to install the infrared uplink (USB) to the pc. I know that other people have encountered the same problem and have opted out for the serial connection. I will probably do the same but I was wondering if anyone knows a trick for installation with the XP.

Bikemonk

I read somewhere as I researched Polar downloadable HRMs that the external infrared USB receiver won't work w/ XP (Polar hasn't updated the drivers for XP was the explanation, though you'd think they'd have that updated by now). Only workaround posted was to use the serial port instead.

I've just ordered the S610i, but my laptop with XP has a built-in infrared, so I think I'll be OK without the receiver.

Originally posted by bikemonk

Bikemonk

I assume the original link was with a serial connection, if so, get a serial to USB adapter ($15). I to switch from 98SE to XP and had to find a solution for all my serial devices and this adapter worked on all of them.