Polar S720 intermediate data storage

tourdelivermore

Jun 3, 2003
In July I will be cycling on a tour centered around the Tour de France. As usual, I will be using my Polar S720 to record the daily rides. The Polar has a limited storage capacity and will not be able to retain all of the data for all of the rides.

Rather than take my laptop to Europe, is there some type of storage device that will allow me to upload the ride data from the Polar? Upon my return, I can transfer the data to my computer.

Thanks.

Ummmm somewhere on the internet (I forget where), there is a piece of software for a PocketPC that can interface and download Polar HRM data. However, I think it saves in a different format to the Polar ".hrm" file format, so you won't be able to import it into the PPP software easily.

Have you thought about picking up a cheap second (or third) hand laptop computer, just for using the Polar software? I've run it just fine on a Pentium-120 running Windows 95; those sorts of laptops are getting close to "useless junk" in the tech world, and are priced accordingly.

Another option is to change the recording intervals, at 60 seconds you will get a lot mor recording time, just not as much detail.

Thanks for you replies.

I had considered reducing the frequency of data recording. But, I was hoping for a more elegant solution that would enable me to retain as much data as possible.

Oh well, I can't have everything. Either less data or carry a computer.

I just went to Florida for 2 weeks and had the same problem. I changed the interval timer from 5 seconds to 15 and it gave me 44 hours of recording time. You might want to consider using 15. Good Luck.

Originally posted by tourdelivermore
In July I will be cycling on a tour centered around the Tour de France. As usual, I will be using my Polar S720 to record the daily rides. The Polar has a limited storage capacity and will not be able to retain all of the data for all of the rides.

Rather than take my laptop to Europe, is there some type of storage device that will allow me to upload the ride data from the Polar? Upon my return, I can transfer the data to my computer.

Thanks.

May be its time to upgrade to the newly released S-725 which is supposed to come out in March. Check out Polars webpage. It can transfer the data to a Nokia cellphone. There also will be a way to analyze and visualize your data on the cell phone.
It comes in a sharp carbon look in case that matters.