Polar s720i audible alarm

RdBiker

Oct 20, 2005
I have a problem with my polar s720i. My problem is that I can't find a way to get the monitor to beep when I'm out of my target hr zones. I've heard that the alarm doesn't work when I'm on my bike, but it should be ok when the bike mode is set off :confused: I can't find an answer to this from the manual and I'm starting to think if it's possible at all. Has anyone else had the same problems? I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me how to enable the alarm (or tell me it's not possible so I could stop worrying about it :) )

RdBiker said:
I have a problem with my polar s720i. My problem is that I can't find a way to get the monitor to beep when I'm out of my target hr zones. I've heard that the alarm doesn't work when I'm on my bike, but it should be ok when the bike mode is set off :confused: I can't find an answer to this from the manual and I'm starting to think if it's possible at all. Has anyone else had the same problems? I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me how to enable the alarm (or tell me it's not possible so I could stop worrying about it :) )
No its possible, Ive got mine set up to beep when Im out of my HR zones, but... the beep isnt any louder than the normal beep when going through menus so you can't even hear the damn thing. So this might seem like a stupid question, but are you sure its not on?

StartTday said:
No its possible, Ive got mine set up to beep when Im out of my HR zones, but... the beep isnt any louder than the normal beep when going through menus so you can't even hear the damn thing. So this might seem like a stupid question, but are you sure its not on?

Well I just tested if the beeping was already on and accidentally found out how to turn it on :eek: I read from another post that when u press the upper left button the sound is toggled on/off. I tried it earlier but it didn't work then but I guess I did something differently now :eek: Thanks anyway, now I know how to get it on, it could be a bit louder though...