Polar s720i 'experts' in SF Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by skwanch, Aug 3, 2004.

1. skwanch

skwanch New Member

I have this HRM, w/ the power kit, installed on my bike. I can get speed, HR, altitude . . . but no cadence or power. I've tried using rare earth magnets on the crank . . . no dice. I've tried tweaking it, but have had zero success w/ that approach.

I'm looking for someone in the SF Bay Area who knows the system well enough to help me get it working - I'm willing to travel and compensate you for your time if we get it working and I can FINALLY capitalize on this investment . . .

if ya fit the bill, please ping me at skwanch dot speakeasy dot net . . . thx.

any other advice/things to check/try would be appreciated as well .. .

Tags:

2. beerco

beerco New Member

Have you turned the power option to "on" in the watch settings?

3. skwanch

skwanch New Member

Yes. All options are set to 'on'.

4. beerco

beerco New Member

Are the LEDs on the power sensor flashing when the crank magnet comes by?

Just to rule out the silly ones, you're not using the wireless cadence sensor right?

If you're getting your speed signal from the power sensor, that means it's working right. Without the cadence signal, the meter won't calculate power. I'm guessing that your magnet is either too far or in the wrong spot or something like that and the sensor's not seeing it.

5. skwanch

skwanch New Member

>>>Are the LEDs on the power sensor flashing when the crank magnet comes by?
    <<<

Yes, although it seems somewhat intermittent (I just ran down and checked it . . . benefit of bike commuting)

>>>
    Just to rule out the silly ones, you're not using the wireless cadence sensor right?
    <<<

Noooo . . . have the whole rear end of the bike wired up; power/cadence sensor on the R chainstay and speed sensor on the L.

6. tmctguer

tmctguer New Member

i just emailed you with my tips ([email protected]). i am in southern california, but i may be able to help.