Polar S720i PPP software problem

saviv

Mar 31, 2004
Hi,
I have changed the PC name where the PPP installed on. When changing the name back I tried to open the software and found that it does not recognize any of the old files and asks me to create a new person.
Any ideas?
Also, where can I download the full and latest version?
Thanks, :confused:
Ron

www.polar.fi and click on the software/support/downloads links. Not sure about your other problem though, but it might be discussed on Polar's page as well. Good luck!

saviv said:
Hi,
I have changed the PC name where the PPP installed on. When changing the name back I tried to open the software and found that it does not recognize any of the old files and asks me to create a new person.
Any ideas?
Also, where can I download the full and latest version?
Thanks, :confused:
Ron

if you still have the old data files, i would create a new person then copy the data files from the old person's folder to the new person's folder. I do this on a regular basis because i have the PPP installed at work, so I just copy the files from my home comp so I can have the calendar and data on my work comp.

btw, i have an s720i too.

good luck!

are you having a problem downloading as well?

what i would do is exactly what elhajj33 told you.

go into windows explorer then program files>polar>ppp>(your name)> year and copy the entire contents of that folder, including PDD files.

CREATE new person, OR uninstall entire program and reinstall, do update from POLAR.FI> enter global site> support download and research>update file for PPP4 sw. version 402037 i believe. create new person, then open up any date in 2005 and create exe file( so in directory a file for 2005 is present)

go back into windows explorer and paste all copied files into that folder and you should be fine

if that fails give polar's tech support line a call.. they are great over there.