Polar S720i

Mozaic

Guest
Do you know if I have to use IR in order to download the data to the computer, or is there also an
included USB option? Thanks

The 720i will download directly to an IR-equipped PC, with no extra IR interface required. If your
PC is less than 2 years old, it probably has an IR port. The "i" in the Polar model number means the
IR is compatible with the PC. You can view the instruction manual for the 720i by going to
http://www.polar.fi. I have the 710i and love it. The 720i just has a different watch face.

-Harry

[email protected] (Mozaic) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Do you know if I have to use IR in order to download the data to the computer, or is there also an
> included USB option? Thanks

An IR interface is available from Polar if your computer does not have one. I would assume it plugs
into a USB port, but it is only an assumption. andy "Dr. Harry Johnson"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The 720i will download directly to an IR-equipped PC, with no extra IR interface required. If your
> PC is less than 2 years old, it probably has an IR port. The "i" in the Polar model number means
> the IR is compatible with the PC. You can view the instruction manual for the 720i by going to
> http://www.polar.fi. I have the 710i and love it. The 720i just has a different watch face.
>
> -Harry
>
> [email protected] (Mozaic) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Do you know if I have to use IR in order to download the data to the computer, or is there also
> > an included USB option? Thanks

either USB or serial port. The USB has some connectivity problems with Win XP which have been fairly
well documented here.

--
mark Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it is too dark to read - Groucho
Marx xes out for mail "trifox13" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> An IR interface is available from Polar if your computer does not have
one.
> I would assume it plugs into a USB port, but it is only an assumption. andy "Dr. Harry Johnson"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The 720i will download directly to an IR-equipped PC, with no extra IR interface required. If
> > your PC is less than 2 years old, it probably has an IR port. The "i" in the Polar model
> > number means the IR is compatible with the PC. You can view the instruction manual for the
> > 720i by going to http://www.polar.fi. I have the 710i and love it. The 720i just has a
> > different watch face.
> >
> > -Harry
> >
> > [email protected] (Mozaic) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Do you know if I have to use IR in order to download the data to the computer, or is there
> > > also an included USB option? Thanks

It's all ****. Send it back now. Heart rate training doesn't have anything to do with performance.
They just want you to buy stuff. Sell, sell, sell.