Polar s725 Fitness Test Problem

giantdrag

Jun 28, 2006
I have tried the fitness test a few times now (It worked a year ago and batteries are fairly new now, everything else works fine). What is happening right now is that for about 4 arrows (which i think are minutes) heart rate is around 44-48 bpm at rest then all of a sudden it just beeps and tells me test failed pretty much every time it moves to the 5th arrow (which i think is end of test), and does not record the result. Has this happened to any 1 else?

i've had two failed tests in the last 4months - i gagged and had a coughing fit, but have no idea about the other one, it just happened.

tried again last night as a test just after a hard ride. Typical, it worked! very high heart rate though so invalid test. Then did it again a few hours later (still not fully recovered) and hey presto! It DIDNT work. How ironic. Must be something do do with the level of sweatiness I reakon, in regards to a good clean transmission of HR from belt to watch.

giantdrag said:
tried again last night as a test just after a hard ride. Typical, it worked! very high heart rate though so invalid test. Then did it again a few hours later (still not fully recovered) and hey presto! It DIDNT work. How ironic. Must be something do do with the level of sweatiness I reakon, in regards to a good clean transmission of HR from belt to watch.
I find if you wet the cheast strap befor you use it, it works a lot better

bda20 said:
I find if you wet the cheast strap befor you use it, it works a lot better
+1. On my S720i I can't even get a heartrate to register on the watch unless I wet the contacts on the chest strap first. They sell aqueous gel that probably sticks better (used for EKGs in hospitals, etc), but I find that tap water works fine. I bet KY jelly and the like would work, too, since they're water based.

I will try that. I do wet the contacts throughly everytime alreday. I must say though that I have just done the chest strap up really tight and so far it seems to be working fine. Still havent tried a fitness test yet but didnt have any HR probs on my ride yesterday which is a rarity