polar software

Kristian

May 4, 2003
Just need some help with the ppp4 program. If i look at one ride where the altitude ranges from, say, 100 to 200m, i adjust the curve properties to just work in this range. I get a nice profile, am all is fine. I then look at another exercise file where the variation in altitude is between 0 and 2000m. The scale on the altitude is still between 100 &200, so i change it to 0 to 2000 and hey presto a nice profile again. If i go back the the origional file with 100 to 200 altitude it has now addopted the 0 to 2000 scale. and so on and so on.

What am i missing, skipping or doing wrong. I am sick of changing the scale every time i open a file.

Originally posted by Kristian
Just need some help with the ppp4 program. If i look at one ride where the altitude ranges from, say, 100 to 200m, i adjust the curve properties to just work in this range. I get a nice profile, am all is fine. I then look at another exercise file where the variation in altitude is between 0 and 2000m. The scale on the altitude is still between 100 &200, so i change it to 0 to 2000 and hey presto a nice profile again. If i go back the the origional file with 100 to 200 altitude it has now addopted the 0 to 2000 scale. and so on and so on.

What am i missing, skipping or doing wrong. I am sick of changing the scale every time i open a file.

The curve properties, or report properties aren't saved unless you go to the Advanced tab and click on Save Settings on Exit.

Originally posted by Shabby
The curve properties, or report properties aren't saved unless you go to the Advanced tab and click on Save Settings on Exit.

Ive tried that, you mean to tick the little box? It still changes other files, and when I alter them, the origional is then changed.

I think each file has it's own scalings. So once you've changed it for a file, it will stay changed for that file, and any new ones will be with the new defaults. But old files will be the same as the defaults were when you saved them last.

The hr zones work the same way.