Polar users, help

flyingdutch

Feb 8, 2004
fitted my new 725 after buying it OS ($200us BTW)

Am wondering if there is an easy way (other than buying a 2nd unit!)
to swap over the measuring unit (the bit that goes on your forks/stays) between my 2 commonly used bikes (fixie/roadie) without constantly using the supplied zip ties?

maybe a rubber/elastic slipknot style arrangement?

cheers

JJJ

F"too many functions"Dutch

"flyingdutch" wrote >
> fitted my new 725 after buying it OS ($200us BTW)

Slightly off topic, but where did you buy it? An online shop, ebay, or when
you were OS?
I am looking at buying one myself.

Bjay

flyingdutch said:
fitted my new 725 after buying it OS ($200us BTW)

Am wondering if there is an easy way (other than buying a 2nd unit!)
to swap over the measuring unit (the bit that goes on your forks/stays) between my 2 commonly used bikes (fixie/roadie) without constantly using the supplied zip ties?

maybe a rubber/elastic slipknot style arrangement?

cheers

JJJ

F"too many functions"Dutch

I wouldn't trust rubber bands to hold a $90 sensor on. Buy another one so that the $90 you spend is on buying a new one, not replacing one that fell off.

bjay said:
"flyingdutch" wrote >
> fitted my new 725 after buying it OS ($200us BTW)

Slightly off topic, but where did you buy it? An online shop, ebay, or when
you were OS?
I am looking at buying one myself.

Bjay

whilst i was OS
Paragon Sports
Broadway (midtown somewhere)
NY

and your theory is sound, shabby, however im gonna invent some 'unbreakable' type rubberband and retire on the trademark royalties :D

or use 3 layers of gaffa-tape! might make getting a signal tricky tho :rolleyes:

flyingdutch said:
whilst i was OS
Paragon Sports
Broadway (midtown somewhere)
NY

and your theory is sound, shabby, however im gonna invent some 'unbreakable' type rubberband and retire on the trademark royalties :D

or use 3 layers of gaffa-tape! might make getting a signal tricky tho :rolleyes:

The gaffa tape and hose clamps on your bidon cage should make TB1 look very smooth...

I've bought two Polar's (one for me, one for Mrs Shabby) from Rebel by
printing out advertisements from bike shops and taking them to Rebel. As long as it's in stock, they'll beat the price by 10%.

Note: normally I'm not a tight-ass and support my LBS, but when you can save $50 pretty easily, it's hard to justify not being tight.