Polarized sunglasses for racing

BikeMinX

Jul 18, 2006
Hi there guys and girls,

My boyfriend competes in road racing and he has lost his sunglasses and needs some new ones, he said he would like a cheap pair for training in but he has a thing where they have to be polarized lenses. Could anyone reccomend a pair maybe a widely avaliable brand or something which will ship to the UK.

Id love to get him a pair that people think are good and value for money rather than make a mistake and buy something useless. Thanx everyone :) (oooh his bike is black and red too so if they are that color im sure he would like that aswell haha)

BBB BSG-23 Winner as worn by Tom Boonend and the Quickstep pro team.
They come will different lenses for different conditions and very reasonably priced.

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/5292/groupID/2/categoryID/23/v/d86aa216-17f6-426f-a92b-e07fec2b3cd3

bbb06bsg23.jpg

Thank you loads for the reply, I ended up getting some Smith Optics Folsom off ebay from the states but if those dont do it for him i will have them and i will get him some of these. Very good price!

BikeMinX said:
Thank you loads for the reply, I ended up getting some Smith Optics Folsom off ebay from the states but if those dont do it for him i will have them and i will get him some of these. Very good price!

Polarized is not a good idea for road riding - it can hide wet spots in the road. Probably OK for criteriums and the like.

DiabloScott said:
Polarized is not a good idea for road riding - it can hide wet spots in the road. Probably OK for criteriums and the like.
He prefers them im not sure why, must be some reason and he does a lot of road racing, maybe its just a personal preferance type of thing i dunno