Polder Scale/Timer

Xyz

Guest
I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something on
the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a second
or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD display.
Does anyone know what the letter H stands for? There is no
mention of it on the single-page instruction sheet. The
device works perfectly.

xyz wrote:

> I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something on
> the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a second
> or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD display.
> Does anyone know what the letter H stands for? There is no
> mention of it on the single-page instruction sheet. The
> device works perfectly.

It's infected with the Gen2-PolderScam virus. Do you or
someone living nearby have an 802.11b wireless network
interface? That's how they get infected.
802.11b is standard on all laptops these days, except for
the ones that have Bluetooth (which uses the same
frequency band). The Polder web site has a tool you can
download to remove it. Hope this helps. :)

Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> xyz wrote:
>
> > I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something
> > on the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a
> > second or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD
> > display. Does anyone know what the letter H stands for?
> > There is no mention of it on the single-page instruction
> > sheet. The device works perfectly.
>
> It's infected with the Gen2-PolderScam virus. Do you or
> someone living nearby have an 802.11b wireless network
> interface? That's how they get infected.
> 802.11b is standard on all laptops these days, except for
> the ones that have Bluetooth (which uses the same
> frequency band). The Polder web site has a tool you
> can download to remove it. Hope this helps. :)

Let me guess. You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last
night!