Polder Scale/Timer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Xyz, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Xyz

    Xyz Guest

    I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something on
    the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a second
    or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD display.
    Does anyone know what the letter H stands for? There is no
    mention of it on the single-page instruction sheet. The
    device works perfectly.

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    xyz wrote:

    > I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something on
    > the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a second
    > or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD display.
    > Does anyone know what the letter H stands for? There is no
    > mention of it on the single-page instruction sheet. The
    > device works perfectly.

    It's infected with the Gen2-PolderScam virus. Do you or
    someone living nearby have an 802.11b wireless network
    interface? That's how they get infected.
    802.11b is standard on all laptops these days, except for
    the ones that have Bluetooth (which uses the same
    frequency band). The Polder web site has a tool you can
    download to remove it. Hope this helps. :)

  3. Xyz

    Xyz Guest

    Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > xyz wrote:
    >
    > > I just bought the model #934-90. After I put something
    > > on the scale, the capital letter H is displayed, for a
    > > second or so, in the left, upper-hand corner of the LCD
    > > display. Does anyone know what the letter H stands for?
    > > There is no mention of it on the single-page instruction
    > > sheet. The device works perfectly.
    >
    > It's infected with the Gen2-PolderScam virus. Do you or
    > someone living nearby have an 802.11b wireless network
    > interface? That's how they get infected.
    > 802.11b is standard on all laptops these days, except for
    > the ones that have Bluetooth (which uses the same
    > frequency band). The Polder web site has a tool you
    > can download to remove it. Hope this helps. :)

    Let me guess. You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last
    night!