Police appeal - attack on cyclist in Newbury, Berkshire

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mr [email protected] \ -Lsqco, May 7, 2003.

  1. I've only posted the URL here as there is a picture of the alleged offender which I obviously would
    not post on a text NG!

    If you know anything please help the coppers catch these bastards!

    Incidentally if any coppers are reading and ever end up dealing with a case like this:

    this pressrel doesn't say if it was just scum attacking someone in the usual "lads taking territory"
    fashion that happens in most towns, or the motive was to steal the bicycle.

    *Was* the bike stolen from the victim? the report doesn't say, and that IMO is a vital piece of info
    as it also means people can be on alert for a stolen bike. In any case please describe the *bike* as
    well as the offenders and victim - cyclists often notice if people are riding a distinctive bike.

    http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/cnunews/tvpnews.asp?dismode=article&artid= 3767

    Tags:

  2. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room 2] wrote:

    >*Was* the bike stolen from the victim?

    "One offender verbally abused the taxi driver before both walked away from the scene, along the
    towpath on the same side as Victoria Park."

    Had the bike been stolen, I think it would have a mention here.
    --
    remove remove to reply

  3. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room 2]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've only posted the URL here as there is a picture of the alleged
    offender
    > which I obviously would not post on a text NG!
    >
    > If you know anything please help the coppers catch these bastards!
    >
    > Incidentally if any coppers are reading and ever end up dealing with a
    case
    > like this:
    >
    > this pressrel doesn't say if it was just scum attacking someone in the
    usual
    > "lads taking territory" fashion that happens in most towns, or the motive was to steal the
    > bicycle.
    >
    > *Was* the bike stolen from the victim? the report doesn't say, and that
    IMO
    > is a vital piece of info as it also means people can be on alert for a stolen bike. In any case
    > please describe the *bike* as well as the
    offenders
    > and victim - cyclists often notice if people are riding a distinctive
    bike.

    http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/cnunews/tvpnews.asp?dismode=article&artid=
    > 3767

    I live close to Newbury. Perhaps some of us should spend an evening cycling around the town, just
    minding our own business but perhaps on the lookout for a rowdy yoof or two. It may pay off and
    we'll burn some calories (nice pubs in Newbury too).