Politically Incorrect.



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canuck

Guest
"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>
> I think you should focus your efforts on more severe cases of racism, like people missing out on
> housing or jobs because of their race or religion.

Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People": tell them what you think
they should be doing with their own time.
 
G

G.T.

Guest
Canuck wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>
>>I think you should focus your efforts on more severe cases of racism, like people missing out on
>>housing or jobs because of their race or religion.
>
>
>
>
> Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People": tell them what you think
> they should be doing with their own time.
>

Pot-kettle-black?

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
C

Canuck

Guest
"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Canuck wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >
> >>I think you should focus your efforts on more severe cases of racism,
like
> >>people missing out on housing or jobs because of their race or religion.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People":
tell
> > them what you think they should be doing with their own time.
> >
>
> Pot-kettle-black?

Not at all.

I commented on the posts in this thread, never did I tell anyone what they should do.
 
G

G.T.

Guest
Canuck wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Canuck wrote:
>>
>>>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I think you should focus your efforts on more severe cases of racism,
>
> like
>
>>>>people missing out on housing or jobs because of their race or religion.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People":
>
> tell
>
>>>them what you think they should be doing with their own time.
>>>
>>
>>Pot-kettle-black?
>
>
>
>
> Not at all.
>
> I commented on the posts in this thread, never did I tell anyone what they should do.
>

Not explicitly, but your intentions speak louder than words. You and the other overly-PC people out
there are telling us to be humorless with our own time.

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
R

Ronde Champ

Guest
"Dan Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> G.T. wrote:
> >> Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People": tell them what you
> >> think they should be doing with their own time.
> >>
> >
> > Pot-kettle-black?
> >
>
> Despite the rather crude, PI language, I found the following pretty funny
:
>
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=9sc1v1%249sv%241%40suaar1aa.prod.compus erve.com
>
> Dan

Goddam right it's funny.

Thanks, Ronde Champ ron-day champ at yah-who dot com
 
G

G.T.

Guest
Dan Connelly wrote:
>
>
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>> Rule #1 from Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People": tell them what you think
>>> they should be doing with their own time.
>>>
>>
>> Pot-kettle-black?
>>
>
> Despite the rather crude, PI language, I found the following pretty funny :
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=9sc1v1%249sv%241%40suaar1aa.prod.compuserve.com
>

PI language? Wuzzat? Politically insensitive?

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
C

Canuck

Guest
"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Canuck wrote:
>
> Not explicitly, but your intentions speak louder than words. You and the other overly-PC people
> out there are telling us to be humorless with our own time.

Read the original post. I said ethnic jokes are racist as well as affirmative action.

BTW, I think you should be free to do whatever you want with your own time.
 
G

G.T.

Guest
Canuck wrote:
>
>
> BTW, I think you should be free to do whatever you want with your own time.
>

Thank you.

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
K

Kyle Legate

Guest
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Tom Kunich wrote:

> The pathetic part about all of this is the patent denial of Canadians when there is an entire
> market segment of the US health care system devoted entirely to Canadians.
>
So does this mean all those counterfeit Ontario Health Cards never get used? I don't deny that
Canadians head to the states for treatment under some circumstances, but you shouldn't deny that
Americans also head to Canada with their fake health cards when they want free treatment also.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
 
K

Kyle Legate

Guest
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Tom Kunich wrote:

> And I see dispicable people like Kyle suggest to me that I'm racist!
>
It's not a suggestion, it's a fact. Your racism goes much deeper than a single joke, as a simple
google search would confirm.

> Maybe you Canadians ought to study a bit more of your own history with special interest in the
> treatment of Indians and Inuit. And then perhaps you could stop telling Americans what is racist
> and what isn't.
>
Our histories with respect to native peoples are quite parallel. You have no moral high
ground to claim.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
 
K

Kyle Legate

Guest
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Tom Kunich wrote:

> On February 3, ABC aired a report by correspondent Deborah Amos in Toronto, depicting a country
> "struggling with universal healthcare." Most of Amos' report was taken up by grim descriptions of
> crowded hospitals: "The emergency rooms in Toronto hospitals are so clogged this winter, patients
> wait hours for critical treatment," Amos reported. "They sleep on stretchers in drafty hallways.
> And wait days for a hospital bed."
>
You claim this is a problem with Canada's universal healthcare without knowing or caring that
funding of hospitals is a provincial issue, and is therefore not universal. My health card won't do
me any good in Quebec.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
"cucycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I see your point......but every senior care system is under attack. Look at Medicare......it's
> ignoring the seniors, people can't afford the necessary drugs they need in the US too!

Demand will ALWAYS outstrip the supply because most of the demand is manufactured by advertising
instead of medical requirements. I'd be willing to bet that less than 20% of the medicine I've been
given over my lifetime was necessary and probably a lot of it was counterproductive.

Medicare was supposed to be a LAST DITCH medical system. Although it has never actually been that. I
think that P.J. O'Rourke's comments are substantially accurate. When medical services are "free"
people are going to use them for things that they wouldn't if they had to pay for it.

I'm not an admirer of the American system by any stretch of the imagination. I've spent many years
in medical instrument research and development and I've seen some pretty nasty stuff on the part of
doctors and other commercial enterprises.

What I don't like is that the Canadian system only works because of the specific conditions that the
Canadians have found themselves and those conditions are about to change. The USA never met those
specific conditions and national health care would bankrupt this nation even faster than Social
Security is going to.

Of course this didn't need to happen. An economically feasible Social Security system could have
been developed that would have met the original vision. But because it was necessary to adopt a
liberal policy to begin with due to the startup costs of Social Security the liberal views have held
sway ever since. Social Security has been expanded to cover every sob story and hard luck case
possible. My late drug addicted brother was on permanent disability of some sort that came from
Social Security in some manner. He simply didn't want to work and he was paid not to work. He lived
like a dog as you might well expect, but the government allowed it until he died from effects of his
addictions.

You and I are the one's that will suffer because of the liberal policies. The uninterrupted flow of
illegal aliens (California has been giving illegals welfare for decades), sad cases and plain old
criminals have gutted the system that we'll have to rely on. And why will we have to rely on it?
Because the taxes we have to pay to support this massive giveaway prevent us from making the
investments that would have freed us from the government dole.

That means that the younger generation - Palachick and Albright and Cipale and the lot, will be
paying for our welfare and it will grow much faster than their incomes. Are they going to be willing
to pay increased taxes to pay for the good feelings of yesterday's and today's liberals? I doubt it.
And what about their kids? Are they going to be willing to pay for the tail end of the baby boomers
and their own parents? And remember that as the baby boomers get older and retire many businesses
and consequently jobs will disappear. Fewer consumers mean lower demand. That is what is behind the
endless open door policy. The problem with that is the culture of the USA is taking an immense
beating from "diverse" cultures that don't share the same values as you and I. And these are the
people on whom you and I are going to have to rely to support us in our old age.

> You said that Canadians are coming across the boarder for drugs they can't get in Canada.....but
> then US citizens are running to get CHEAPER drugs then they can buy in the US....it's major
> problem for Canadians as it is driving up the price there too!

Canada has an approved generic drug list. If you need one of those drugs it is a great deal cheaper
in Canada than in the USA. However, it takes a very long time to get a drug on that list if it ever
gets there. Therefore Canada tends to have drugs that are less effective and cheaper rather than
more effective and more expensive. Canadians come south to the USA to get these drugs so there is
all of this two way traffic going to and fro across the border and it all has to do with the
limitations of socialized medicine.

> Then there is Mexico.....where everyone is going! So it's major problem everywhere!

Mexico has an almost uncontrolled drug industry. Therefore there are no extraneous costs associated
with releasing drugs there and profits are easier to make with lower drug costs. Moreover, since the
income levels in Mexico are so low, without cheap drugs there would be no sales at all.

And in the unioncorporated areas in Mexico such as Baja, the government subsidizes cheap housing and
medical supplies and treatment in order to get Mexicans to live out there in the middle of nowhere.
So if you know where to go you get drugs for a scant fraction of what they would cost in the USA.

However, like in Canada, they aren't likely to have the newest and most efficacious drugs because of
the expense prevents a market from forming.

> What I fail to see is that US entire system that's catering to Canadians.............? Or did I
> read you wrong?

I didn't say that the ENTIRE system was catering to the Canadians. I said a segment. And all of the
northern cities have hospitals that connect with Canadian doctors. These doctors have licenses to
practice in the US and they also get referal fees for refering Canadian citizens to American
hospitals.

The Canadian heath care system works extremely well for a young healthy population in which "health
care" is really an emergency treatment room for broken arms and legs and the like. Just like the
military service, as the population grows older and less healthy and puts more demands on the health
care system the financial demands on the system simply blow completely out of proportion to what the
funding will allow.

Military lifers were promised lifetime health care but as soon as the going got rough the military
saw the writing on the walls and simply withdrew most of it. Canada will go through the same thing
sooner or later and it looks like sooner now.
 
G

G.T.

Guest
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "cucycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I see your point......but every senior care system is under attack. Look at Medicare......it's
>>ignoring the seniors, people can't afford the necessary drugs they need in the US too!
>
>
> Demand will ALWAYS outstrip the supply because most of the demand is manufactured by advertising
> instead of medical requirements.

But advertising and marketing is the capitalist way, whether we need a product or not. Are you
dissing capitalism here, Tom?

>
> I'm not an admirer of the American system by any stretch of the imagination. I've spent many years
> in medical instrument research and development and I've seen some pretty nasty stuff on the part
> of doctors and other commercial enterprises.

You sure have done a lot in your 80 years.

>
> You and I are the one's that will suffer because of the liberal policies. The uninterrupted flow
> of illegal aliens

Damn, we missed your ancestors, too.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
T

The Pomeranian

Guest
Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> ... When medical services are "free" people are going to use them for things that they wouldn't if
> they had to pay for it.

There's the crux of the matter. "Free" unequivocally means inelastic demand, and a lot of it. Of
course, it really isn't free. Doctors and nurses will parade around and say how much a national
(socialized) health care system is needed. What they are really saying is they want a job for life
with no risks and a guaranteed paycheck. Now who wouldn't love that? Let's all suck the *** of the
government forever. When Nader was asked at a 2k election speech at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium
who was going to pay for all his projected programs, he said: "the government will pay for it, the
government will pay for it." (As if once wasn't enough.) For some reason, the quizzers forgot to ask
him: "who is going to pay the government?" Of course, I already know. Corporations on corporate
welfare would be the obvious choice.

I just love it when it is all made so simple for retards like me. Who needs to bother thinking when
politicians and partisans can do our thinking for us, and do it for "free!?" They'll take care of
us. The check is in the mail.
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On 30 Dec 2002, Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > The politically correct, and especially those Canadians who think that they ought to be able to
> > tell Americans how they should think are pretty funny as well.
> >
> You should take it as contructive criticism; the world would hate you less.

Like you, the world doesn't hate the USA when they're in trouble and need assistance.

> > Who else but a Canadian would espouse the wonderful Canadian healthcare system to the world
> > while their entire family is flocking over the border to get up-to-date and punctual
> > medical care?
> >
> You bring this up now and then, and it's obvious that you haven't a clue what you're talking
> about. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

The pathetic part about all of this is the patent denial of Canadians when there is an entire market
segment of the US health care system devoted entirely to Canadians.
 
G

G.T.

Guest
The Pomeranian wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>>... When medical services are "free" people are going to use them for things that they wouldn't if
>>they had to pay for it.
>
>
> There's the crux of the matter. "Free" unequivocally means inelastic demand, and a lot of it. Of
> course, it really isn't free. Doctors and nurses will parade around and say how much a national
> (socialized) health care system is needed. What they are really saying is they want a job for life
> with no risks and a guaranteed paycheck. Now who wouldn't love that? Let's all suck the *** of the
> government forever.
>

What a simplistic way to ignore all those that have no medical coverage and can't afford to pay for
medical visits. What is your solution? To ban government healthcare subsidies, even ban health
insurance altogether, and let the free-market price all those illegal aliens right out of the
country while also pricing those citizens under the poverty-level out of life?

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons
 
C

Cucycln

Guest
Tom....point out your source of facts on this.... or you just shooting from the hip because you are
so bored and have nothing else to do? again!
> The pathetic part about all of this is the patent denial of Canadians when there is an entire
> market segment of the US health care system devoted entirely to Canadians.
 
C

Canuck

Guest
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Canuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > But you see, if it were a joke making fun of the pronouciation by some white southern cracker
> > > it would be OK.
> >
> > That would be the same thing as the original joke.
>
> I see, you are an equal opportunity sourpuss.

How is that?

I offered no judgements on whether ethnic or racial jokes are tasteful/tasteless. My posts only
tried to define what is and isn't 'racial'.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.