Politics and Recumbents

Bruce Shannahof

Guest
I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable getting
a little political myself.

I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make the
Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no plans to
do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the shockproof is in Ti,
how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be allowed!

I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.

Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

Shoudn't this matter be going through the UN?

;-) "Bruce Shannahoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable
> getting a little political myself.
>
> I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
> attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
> attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make the
> Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no plans
> to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the shockproof is in
> Ti, how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be allowed!
>
> I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
> lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.
>
> Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

This just in : France surrenders!

"Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shoudn't this matter be going through the UN?
>
> ;-) "Bruce Shannahoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable
> > getting a little political myself.
> >
> > I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
> > attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
> > attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make
> > the Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no
> > plans to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the
> > shockproof is in Ti, how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be
> > allowed!
> >
> > I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
> > lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.
> >
> > Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

"Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Shoudn't this matter be going through the UN?
>
> ;-) "Bruce Shannahoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable
> > getting a little political myself.
> >
> > I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
> > attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
> > attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make
> > the Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no
> > plans to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the
> > shockproof is in Ti, how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be
> > allowed!
> >
> > I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
> > lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.
> >
> > Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

If we take this issue to the UN, France, Germany and Russia will not support us in this.

Mike - Aloha from the flatlands of Illinois

Chirac is as corrupt as Hussein. The Wall Streert Journal reports this am that France has indicated
it will veto all resolutions on Iraq until the coalition agrees to allow France and the UN a major
role. That includes changes in the old oil for food resolution required before much larger
quantities of oil can be sold to help the Iraqi people. In other words, France is ready to starve
the Iraqi's if that's what it takes to make France a major player.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shoudn't this matter be going through the UN?
>
> ;-) "Bruce Shannahoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable
> > getting a little political myself.
> >
> > I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
> > attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
> > attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make
> > the Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no
> > plans to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the
> > shockproof is in Ti, how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be
> > allowed!
> >
> > I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
> > lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.
> >
> > Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

Your Ti lowracer. Frame by Reynolds Weld Labs
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/barracuda/barracudaplans2.htm

[email protected] (Bruce Shannahoff) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I've seen a lot of political content in this groups postings, lately, so I feel comfortable
> getting a little political myself.
>
> I'm hoping, as the situation in Irag seems to be stabilizing, that President Bush will turn his
> attentions to other world matters. I hope that we, in the recumbent world, can bring to his
> attention the situation in Holland. I find it unconscionable that Bram Moen is allowed to make the
> Ti Shockproof and not produce a Ti lowracer. I've emailed him and he replied that he has no plans
> to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with CF lowracer, but as slick as the shockproof is in
> Ti, how can he allow the world to do without a Ti lowracer. How can he be allowed!
>
> I feel confident that if the US government put Holland on notice that either Bram makes a Ti
> lowracer or we will come in and and force the production of such a machine, it would happen.
>
> Bruce -if it happens I get the first one- Shannahoff

Torben, We would need to look very seriously at the riding styles of the member nations to determine
if their interests would be in alignment with those of us in the United States and coalition riding
nations. If not, I believe we must act without UN sanction. Bruce

"Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Shoudn't this matter be going through the UN?
>
> ;-)

Bruce Shannahoff <[email protected]> wrote:
: Torben, We would need to look very seriously at the riding styles of the member nations to
: determine if their interests would be in alignment with those of us in the United States and
: coalition riding nations. If not, I believe we must act without UN sanction.

I thought quite many ride lowracers at home, they just don't want their names in the public.

Maybe we can dispatch UN inspectors to M5 plant in Middelburg, just in case they are hiding some
titanium lowracers. The idea would be to confiscate any and all "illegal human powered vehicles".

They'd have to measure M5 bikes stored at the facility to determine if they meet the UN-established
Wattage and Coast Limitations. Also we need to gather further evidence relating to the recent
satellite photo with Bram Moens riding a titanium lowracer.

Do you think it's a mere coincidence the M5 plant is located in the most convenient Dutch locale, in
regards to having the easiest access to French seaports? Which nation do you think they are
depending on their titanium supplies? China? Russia? Neither, says I ;p

[email protected] (Bruce Shannahoff) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Torben, We would need to look very seriously at the riding styles of the member nations to
> determine if their interests would be in alignment with those of us in the United States and
> coalition riding nations. If not, I believe we must act without UN sanction. Bruce

That does it!!! No more Tour de France!

Chris Jordan

"Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chirac is as corrupt as Hussein. The Wall Streert Journal reports this am that France has
> indicated it will veto all resolutions on Iraq until the coalition agrees to allow France and the
> UN a major role. That includes changes in the old oil for food resolution required before much
> larger quantities of oil can be sold to help the Iraqi people. In other words, France is ready to
> starve the Iraqi's if that's what it takes to make
France
> a major player.
>
> --

Thats it! I am officially boycotting all french words like "rendezvous", "deja vu" and "semprini"

(Python fans will understand the last one)