Polka Dot Jersey

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Brub, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Brub

    Brub Guest

    Looking for a source of a 'king of the mountain' type polka dot bike jersey.

    FWIW: Earlier this year my wife clobbered me on a sprint up a long steep
    hill. She's been jabbing me about it now for months. I thought I give her
    the jersey for xmas.

    Any suggestions on possible places that might have them appreciated.

    Cheers Bob

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    " Brub" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking for a source of a 'king of the mountain' type polka dot bike

    jersey.

    > FWIW: Earlier this year my wife clobbered me on a sprint up a long steep
    > hill. She's been jabbing me about it now for months. I thought I give

    her
    > the jersey for xmas.
    >
    > Any suggestions on possible places that might have them appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers Bob

    They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
    "commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
    specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the jersey).
    Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys but
    I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it. Then again I
    am not looking carefully. Look carefully (or ask) if this matters to you.

  3. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
    > "commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
    > specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the jersey).
    > Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys but
    > I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it.

    Here's the official "maillot pois", with only the TdF and Champion
    logos:

    http://tinyurl.com/66d7q

    Note there's an overseas shipping charge for USA delivery.

    Trek and Nike both sell the official jersey, but the Trek site shows
    them out of stock:

    http://tinyurl.com/4pejs

    They are sold by Trek dealers. You might try calling around to see
    if any of your LBSs still have them.

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Chris wrote:
    >
    > > They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
    > > "commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
    > > specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the

    jersey).
    > > Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys

    but
    > > I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it.

    > Here's the official "maillot pois", with only the TdF and Champion
    > logos:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/66d7q
    >
    > Note there's an overseas shipping charge for USA delivery.
    >
    > Trek and Nike both sell the official jersey, but the Trek site shows
    > them out of stock:

    How could I overlook that!? I had forgotten that Nike now is the jersey
    provider for ASO events and therefore is very likely to have all of the
    jerseys without any individualized markings (though I doubt the yellow
    jersey is and I hope I am wrong).

    > http://tinyurl.com/4pejs
    >
    > They are sold by Trek dealers. You might try calling around to see
    > if any of your LBSs still have them.
    >
    > --
    > terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://bike.terrymorse.com/

    Good catch Terry, thanks.

  5. "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Chris wrote:
    > >
    > > > They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
    > > > "commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
    > > > specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the

    > jersey).
    > > > Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys

    > but
    > > > I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it.

    > > Here's the official "maillot pois", with only the TdF and Champion
    > > logos:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/66d7q
    > >
    > > Note there's an overseas shipping charge for USA delivery.
    > >
    > > Trek and Nike both sell the official jersey, but the Trek site shows
    > > them out of stock:

    > How could I overlook that!? I had forgotten that Nike now is the jersey
    > provider for ASO events and therefore is very likely to have all of the
    > jerseys without any individualized markings (though I doubt the yellow
    > jersey is and I hope I am wrong).
    >

    > > http://tinyurl.com/4pejs
    > >
    > > They are sold by Trek dealers. You might try calling around to see
    > > if any of your LBSs still have them.
    > >
    > > --
    > > terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://bike.terrymorse.com/

    > Good catch Terry, thanks.

    Dude man,

    Why did you let your wife beat you up the hill? That's just silly,
    and there's really no good reason for it.

    Tom

  6. On 11/06/2004 09:16 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Tom Arsenault"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Why did you let your wife beat you up the hill? That's just silly,
    > and there's really no good reason for it.

    Yes, there is.

    Nookie.

    Lots of it.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  7. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > How could I overlook that!? I had forgotten that Nike now is the jersey
    > provider for ASO events and therefore is very likely to have all of the
    > jerseys without any individualized markings (though I doubt the yellow
    > jersey is and I hope I am wrong).

    If you get stuck by back-ordered shirts, try a thrift shop. I found
    a cotton button-up-the-front shirt, white with huge red dots, and it
    was all of maybe $1.50. (This assumes that your "fast woman"
    recognizes and will appreciate the significance of the polka dot
    jersey. I had people who should understand it ask all kinds of crazy
    questions about my yellow jersey lawn display...)

    --Karen M.
    ready for the next TdF party