POLL: Condi Rice is ...

zapper said:
changed his name to kerry and bowed down to all terrorists...
Don't forget to change your pantie liners otherwise you'll smell even worse.

limerickman said:
Brian - how did the miles go today.
120kms, you said you were going for ?

I missed my spin today because I got caught on this bloody soapbox today.
What a waste of time.
Pointless.
But when false allegation are thrown about - you've got to stand yer ground.
Kinda ironic that Squirmy didn't come in to help the main accuser, ain't it ?

I don't mind people shoutin', roarin' and givin' out : it's all part of the game.

G'day Lim, Bad news as far as I'm concerned, the 120klms got down to only 70klms, very slowly too, I felt like a half cooked chook, so did two of the others as well. I was the youngest on the day, the others range from 69 to 72 years young.

The reason was revealed later on Saturday afternoon when I felt real crook with a banging headache, hot and cold symptoms and the feeling as though someone had pulled two of my plug leads off. The motor was definitely very sluggish, it felt like I needed a decoke to get things back on track.

Unfortunately the whole family from the Grandchildren, to my son and his wife and now my wife have been infected by a virus, well that's what the opinion of the medico was, when my son called the doctor in on Saturday afternoon for the kids.

My wife has gone down bad with it today, I'm just beginning to feel a bit better but it will be a couple of days before I get out on the bike, no strength in the legs, they ache as if I've climbed the whole range of the Pyrenees in a day? That bad, believe me, and it's most unusual for me to be crook now at this time of the year, the doctor said don't do anything too strenuous for at least a week. He also said ("IT'S") going around, whatever (IT) is, rest and drink plenty of water is alll we can do under the circumstances.

Of course I'm getting withdrawall symptoms from not getting out on me bike, so I'll just have to watch a video of "Le Tour" or "Stars and Water Carriers" just to keep me quiet?

Apart from that the weather has been good for a few days been much cooler, temps down to 28C to 26C daytime, 19C overnight, makes it easier to sleep of course.

When I read your posts I think it's a bloody crime you have to put up with such **** weather, "as BRF put it", we never have to face anything like it.

The answer is, pack yer bags and come out to OZ, the heat during late December to mid February might kill you for a short while but when you get used to it, then it's plain sailing.

BRF say's he lives on the side of the "MED" living here must be very similar, except we don't get snow or blizards, (NO MOUNTAINS) the coldest it get's during winter is 8C, well were we are anyway. At present it's a very pleasant 26C with a light South/South Easter blowing at around twenty five knots.

Hope that doesn't make you too depressed, the summer will be kicking in where you are soon and the country will be looking so lovely and green. The daylight hours till late will make it all worth while, I'm wishing my life away for May, looking forward to the trip?

That's about all at present keep up the miles, don't get side tracked by the bufoons, they can't help themselves either, as you say Squirmy didn't get involved. Maybe he's learned a lesson, as I said to him, engage us in good intelligent repatee and he's more than welcome, a bit of harmless sledging doesn't go amiss either, we can take it and give it back too.

It's all good fun and we're all entitled to our opinion whether it's right or wrong, of course if you get it wrong and make a ******** of yourself you've got to put up with someone telling you, your a ******** of course? But the other **** isn't very funny at all, hence the removal of his rights to post.

One thing I will say and it's worth remembering as a saying,

"A KICK UP THE **** IS A STEP FOREWARD ANYWAY"

My uncle used to say that to me many years ago, how true?

I'm off, catch yer soon, keep up the good work and the miles too?

Nils desterando illegitimi carborundum? TBC

davidmc said:
Is this the same Dr. Rice who did'nt realize that it was in her job description to be vigilent about the security of America/prior 9-11, When her job description was, much to my & other's chagrin, nat.sec.advisor :confused: If thats the case, which all evidence indicates is in the affirmative, she's incompetent, at best. :D No wonder little george is outsoucing her to the state dept. where her damage will be limited to countries other than the U.S. She should be indicted along w/ bush/ashcroft alas she & her evangelorepublican thug's are above the law.
Condi's trips to the cities of culture were not a success, and I didn't take much notice. Can anyone out there tell me did she fly on AIR BUS ONE?

FredC said:
Condi's trips to the cities of culture were not a success, and I didn't take much notice. Can anyone out there tell me did she fly on AIR BUS ONE?
Seems to be Bush's policy of rewarding failure. I do suspect that Bush & Ashcroft are complicit in this. I remember hearing Ashcroft say to a former General-warning of an attack by al-qaieda, that Ashcroft "didn't want to hear any more about it". That is probably the primary reasons that he resigned, the "drape incident" notwithstanding. Bush's credo- If they don't resign, promote them e.g.- Condi, Tenet, et al.

Weisse Luft said:
You forgot to add:

Figure skater

Concert pianist

Ballroom dancer

Speaks fluent Russian

She is the female equivalent of John Ryan, the Clancy character.

On the other hand she knows **** all about Arabs.

Trekker2017 said:
No problem... I think "imposing a society amenable to capitalistic enterprise" is a very good definition of what American Democracy stands for. However, don't under estimate the man. "a ruse to disguise his true aim of oil trade..." is far too shallow. He is not shallow. Think of him as a magician. By thinking of him as shallow you are looking at the hand that is meant to distract you.

Bush is just doing what is good for him and his cronies, ie : making them richer and more powerfull. He doesn't actually *have* any rational or moral reasons behind his actions, that is why he has so much trouble articulating such notions.

It is plain to see that what wafts out of his mouth does not remotely match reality, so I can't really understand *why* he keeps on trying to justify it. AFAICT the majority of Americans would be happy with the line "We're invading, destabilising and occupying countries with massive mineral wealth so that we can stay obese and carry on generating huge revenues for multi-nationals and giving huge tax breaks to rich people like me."

darkboong said:
On the other hand she knows **** all about Arabs.
and it is that very quality that makes her ideal to head the American Foreign Office. She'll fit right in.

Condi Rice has just come out publically to tackle the alleged Quiran incident in Camp Delta. This is in response to worldwide protests over some guards having flushed holy books down the latrines in order to get prisoners to give information. There have been protests in Palestine and Afghanistan and Condi has promised action will be taken against the guards if the allegations are proven to be true.
She is trying to calm the protests down.

Carrera said:
Condi Rice has just come out publically to tackle the alleged Quiran incident in Camp Delta. This is in response to worldwide protests over some guards having flushed holy books down the latrines in order to get prisoners to give information. There have been protests in Palestine and Afghanistan and Condi has promised action will be taken against the guards if the allegations are proven to be true.
She is trying to calm the protests down.

This would be the same Whitehouse (incl. Condi) who loves Uzbekistan's regime, right ?

This is on the back of the Abu Gharaib thing, right... Raps on the knuckles for a couple of COs, couple of PBIs locked up for behaving like animals... Let's not forget that the Whitehouse has been oh so very careful to ensure that they can tortue human beings with impunity. That really ain't gonna cut any ice with anyone outside of the West (or many people in the West for that matter), Arab or otherwise. Like I said, she knows f-all about Arabs, but it's clear she knows plenty about stonewalling and bullshitting.

I doubt Condi would condone such conduct. Seems to like another case of some not-too-bright conscript acting dumb and all hell breaks loose. Now they don't know whether the allegations are true or not and the news rag is backtracking. Seems reminiscent of the Daily Mirror incident.

darkboong said:
This would be the same Whitehouse (incl. Condi) who loves Uzbekistan's regime, right ?

This is on the back of the Abu Gharaib thing, right... Raps on the knuckles for a couple of COs, couple of PBIs locked up for behaving like animals... Let's not forget that the Whitehouse has been oh so very careful to ensure that they can tortue human beings with impunity. That really ain't gonna cut any ice with anyone outside of the West (or many people in the West for that matter), Arab or otherwise. Like I said, she knows f-all about Arabs, but it's clear she knows plenty about stonewalling and bullshitting.

Carrera said:
I doubt Condi would condone such conduct. Seems to like another case of some not-too-bright conscript acting dumb and all hell breaks loose. Now they don't know whether the allegations are true or not and the news rag is backtracking. Seems reminiscent of the Daily Mirror incident.

Condi doesn't seem to have much of a problem condoning torture, so the
Quoran thing probably doesn't *really* bother her much. Her reqest for
Iraqis to be "Patient" struck me as peculiarly patronising. Their country is
going to hell in a hand basket with a bunch of unaccountable gun toting
foreigners at the helm, why the --ing hell would they be patient ?

That Newsweek report is very old news, the first reports of that kind of
treatment surfaced sometime before the Abu Gharaib story broke. AFAIK
Newsweek is the first mainstream US publication to mention it, my feeling
that there is probably truth behind the story. If there are servicemen
capable of committing the atrocities of Abu Gharaib then the Quoran
thing strikes me as being a nigh on certainty. Newsweek are probably
indulging in a bit of Self-Censorship after a quiet word from the Whitehouse. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

My feeling is that the report is the straw that broke the camel's back
for many people who have suffered under "Coalition" occupation.

like bush, she does ride a mountain bike, so perhaps the circus is in order...

MountainPro said:
Man, she is obviously in the wrong job then...perhaps she should join the circus.

do any of her talents actually extend to diplomacy or politics?...surely that would be more helpful