Poll/Feedback Please! Would You Rather Get a Tech T-Shirt or an American Apparel T

mkaftor

Feb 23, 2011
Hey Folks,

I am a n00b here and to cycling in general (got on my first road bike less than 5 years ago), so please, go easy on me!

I am starting a fun ride here in San Francisco that will be a non-competitive closed course route of around 30 miles all within city limits. It's an easy to moderate course and the idea is to make it welcoming to riders of all stripes.

We are thinking of what items to include with the reg fee and are now pondering moisture wicking "tech" type shirts vs American Apparel style, nicer t-shirts. The ride has an urban edge and stylish feel and either shirt would match that, with the goal that this is something you would want to wear after the ride and not just use as a dishrag.

• What are your thoughts on the two items mentioned?
  • Do any of you actually use tech shirts for riding and/or in other workouts?
  • Would you be more prone to wear an awesome sweatshop-free t-shirt if it actually looked cool or a decent wicking material shirt?
  • Are there any other giveaways you've gotten that you use often or really like? I'm all ears!

Look Forward to Your Feedback,

Matt