POLL for MEN only: Do you think Lance is cool for leaving KIK?

mochitwee

Nov 8, 2004
HMMMMM.... i'm kind of really ****** at Lance for being a jerk so here's a poll to men only ok????? How many men cyclists here think that what Lance did was ok???

KIK: Loving wife who gave him 3 children via painful in-vitro fertilization.

SHERYL: Old, celebrity with sucky songs but she's in the limelight and she knows a lot of celebrities which would boost Lance's popularity even more so he can sell more LIVE STRONG bracelets.

I thought it was generally mutual, his training/racing made it such that he couldn't spend much time with his family. Hmm, I dunno, I suppose I don't much care.

mochitwee said:
HMMMMM.... i'm kind of really ****** at Lance for being a jerk so here's a poll to men only ok????? How many men cyclists here think that what Lance did was ok???

SHERYL: Old, celebrity with sucky songs but she's in the limelight and she knows a lot of celebrities which would boost Lance's popularity even more so he can sell more LIVE STRONG bracelets.

Umm think about the circumstances. Lance, in order to win 5 TDF (at the time) had to devote relentless hours in the saddle and off the saddle. The TDF was his number 1 priority, which meant that his wife and everything else in his life came after that. Now, I know many women that would not have appreciated those conditions; women want to feel important. (Am I wrong ladies?) With that in mind, I don't think that Kik could have been happy and as a result, it drove them apart because Lance probably had to choose which was more important and tragically it wasn't his marriage.

Do I blame him? Heck no. He did what no other person in history has done. I think he just made a simple mistake of trying to take the responsibility of marriage on before he was mentally ready. It has nothing to do with him being or not being a Jerk. He is not some womanizing pig and I wouldn't pass judgment without ever having walked in his shoes.

I dont know the full story but it does sound kinda lame.
Your right about cheryl the crow too. shes white trash and a dog with sucky songs.
WOOF !

mochitwee said:

LMAO!

I like you. You have potential. I think you will be better than babybunny

mochitwee said:

Think u need to get a life, so you'll have something worthwhile :rolleyes: to worry about.

mochitwee said:

How would he know what he was doing? You know, with all the dope he has in his system.
Disclaimer: The previous statement is sarcasm.

mochitwee said:

It`s hard to say who is jerk because we don`t know what was happening between them! I think Kik didn`t like his schedule, but you must consider that when you start living and making family with sportsman, especialy famous one! So I doubt that Lance gives occasion for divorce!
I doubt too that Lance took Sheryl because she`s famous..

But I was ****** when I didn`t see his children in Paris this year! It surprised me! It looked like he and Kik were on bad terms!

Are their private lives really any of our business? I voted not a jerk because you can't just slate people with no knowledge of their decisions. Quit judging people you don't even know.

pineapple said:
Are their private lives really any of our business? I voted not a jerk because you can't just slate people with no knowledge of their decisions. Quit judging people you don't even know.

Well said. No one here knows all the details, so in reality, no ones opinion on the matter is worthwhile. I have always found that the people who are so quick to judge others are, more often not, worse in many ways than the ones they judge. :rolleyes:

Jeff

babybirdie said:
I dont know the full story but it does sound kinda lame.
Your right about cheryl the crow too. shes white trash and a dog with sucky songs.
WOOF !
funny.... well anyway, i guess i'm jumping the gun on the LANCE IS A JERK thing..... its not like he is a cheating pig like some guys... IT WOULD BE NICER I THINK, if I knew that KIK was ok about the whole thing..... coz she did say in the NYtimes article that she prolly wouldn't enjoy it if Lance dated somebody who was just like her.... :confused: I think I wouldn've been totally ok if I knew that nobody got hurt in the process... But apparently, KIK is still hurting.... :-( i feel for her...and it just makes me sad and upset... i'm a girl what can i say.... SAPPY!!!!!

mochitwee said:

Pretty stupid question! Are we privileged to know and understand all of the nuances of their PRIVATE relationship? Who gives a **** what you or anyone think about some one elses relationship when you don't really know a whit about what happens behind closed doors? How many "ideal couples" do you know who have suddenly and surprisingly announced their intention to divorce?

Third question should be: - This is a useless waste of bandwidth - mark me there!

BTW, tell me you are not stupid enough to think that he enriches himself with the sale of Livestrong bracelets. The proceeds go to the cancer foundation you complete and utter dipshit!

mochitwee said:
funny.... well anyway, i guess i'm jumping the gun on the LANCE IS A JERK thing..... its not like he is a cheating pig like some guys... IT WOULD BE NICER I THINK, if I knew that KIK was ok about the whole thing..... coz she did say in the NYtimes article that she prolly wouldn't enjoy it if Lance dated somebody who was just like her.... :confused: I think I wouldn've been totally ok if I knew that nobody got hurt in the process... But apparently, KIK is still hurting.... :-( i feel for her...and it just makes me sad and upset... i'm a girl what can i say.... SAPPY!!!!!

Your poll is also flawed, at least in my opinion. Is he a jerk in his personal life? Not that I know, but define jerk. You do not win the tour 6 times with the personality of Mr. Rogers.
You need to be sort of an ASS in most head to head high level competitions if you expect to win and I mean that in the most respectful way.

Well, there are things most don't know. Like why Kik is now running (completed the NYC in under 4). And why the Run for the Roses was canceled, supposedly because of construction along the route (why didn't they find another route?) ???

There are things most don't know. Like the grounds for the divorce, which are SEALED.

To call Lance a jerk without knowing the entire case is, well, prejudicial.

There are people that know and their opinions are vastly different. Ms. Crow found a sugar daddy who was on the rebound, nothing more.

Great rider.
But a poor role model as father and husband.
Abandoning your children is always wrong.

mochitwee said:

szbert said:
Great rider.
But a poor role model as father and husband.
Abandoning your children is always wrong.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What a wonderfully moronic statement you have made. Did it EVER occur to you that you have no idea at all who Lance Armstrong is? Sure you have seen him on tv, read about him and all that, but do you really know who he is? No?... Thats right, I didn't think so. Is he your dad? Are you Lance's illegitimate ******* child? Do you know that he abandoned his children? And you're also saying that if your father had won SIX (6) Tours de France, thats not a role model? I feel bad for your father, and I'm very sorry that he couldn't have been a better role model for you. And to claim he is a bad husband?! Were you married to him as well?! But, oh wait, I forgot, you are Lance's ******* child! How the hell did you manage to become the mans wife and ******* child?! That is truly disgusting! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And, just to further my point on how stupid your post is, here is the definition of "abandon", to be found at www.dictionary.com :

"a·ban·don ( P )
a·ban·doned, a·ban·don·ing, a·ban·dons
To withdraw one's support or help from, especially in spite of duty, allegiance, or responsibility; desert: abandon a friend in trouble.
To give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit, especially as a result of danger or other impending threat: abandoned the ship.
To surrender one's claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely. See Synonyms at relinquish.
To cease trying to continue; desist from: abandoned the search for the missing hiker.
To yield (oneself) completely, as to emotion."

So, you are now reporting that Lance has absolutely nothing to do with his kids?! ****, let me be the first to run to VeloNews with this story, as they haven't even heard of it yet?!! I'll be a millionaire by morning!! :D :D

For everyone who reads this thread, please, before you post, realize that what you say on here about anyone else is speculation AT BEST. No one here has facts to report on this issue that aren't already well known. I don't know the truth behind it, but I don't make accusations and or judgements about people I don't know. Both Kristen and Lance have been quoted numerous times as saying the breakup was mutual, and in the best interest of the two of them. They have also both been quoted as saying they are doing everything they can for the children they have had TOGETHER. That doesn't sound to me like anyone is abandoning anything. So please, for the sake of everyone who reads these boards, refrain from making yourself look like a complete, bumbling, moronic person by making statements like "But a poor role model as father and husband. Abandoning your children is always wrong."

Jeff

martin_j001 said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What a wonderfully moronic statement you have made. Did it EVER occur to you that you have no idea at all who Lance Armstrong is? Sure you have seen him on tv, read about him and all that, but do you really know who he is? No?... Thats right, I didn't think so. Is he your dad? Are you Lance's illegitimate ******* child? Do you know that he abandoned his children? And you're also saying that if your father had won SIX (6) Tours de France, thats not a role model? I feel bad for your father, and I'm very sorry that he couldn't have been a better role model for you. And to claim he is a bad husband?! Were you married to him as well?! But, oh wait, I forgot, you are Lance's ******* child! How the hell did you manage to become the mans wife and ******* child?! That is truly disgusting! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And, just to further my point on how stupid your post is, here is the definition of "abandon", to be found at www.dictionary.com :

"a·ban·don ( P )
a·ban·doned, a·ban·don·ing, a·ban·dons
To withdraw one's support or help from, especially in spite of duty, allegiance, or responsibility; desert: abandon a friend in trouble.
To give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit, especially as a result of danger or other impending threat: abandoned the ship.
To surrender one's claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely. See Synonyms at relinquish.
To cease trying to continue; desist from: abandoned the search for the missing hiker.
To yield (oneself) completely, as to emotion."

So, you are now reporting that Lance has absolutely nothing to do with his kids?! ****, let me be the first to run to VeloNews with this story, as they haven't even heard of it yet?!! I'll be a millionaire by morning!! :D :D

For everyone who reads this thread, please, before you post, realize that what you say on here about anyone else is speculation AT BEST. No one here has facts to report on this issue that aren't already well known. I don't know the truth behind it, but I don't make accusations and or judgements about people I don't know. Both Kristen and Lance have been quoted numerous times as saying the breakup was mutual, and in the best interest of the two of them. They have also both been quoted as saying they are doing everything they can for the children they have had TOGETHER. That doesn't sound to me like anyone is abandoning anything. So please, for the sake of everyone who reads these boards, refrain from making yourself look like a complete, bumbling, moronic person by making statements like "But a poor role model as father and husband. Abandoning your children is always wrong."

Jeff
Well said Jeff!!