POLL for MEN only: Do you think Lance is cool for leaving KIK?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by mochitwee, Nov 8, 2004.

1. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I abandoned my children and first wife in 1979. At her request, if you know what I mean.

2. babybunny

babybunny New Member

I'm kinda confused about why he got remarried. If he divorced because he couldn't spend enough time with his wife, why did he get married again? Or maybe his new wife is one of those people who doesn't need the constant presence of her husband... *shrugs* ???

But regardless of anything else his baby poofs need lotsa huggies and kisses or else they'll be sad because babies are sooooooooo cute and they go "ooooo....oooooo....oooooo..." and you go "Ah! Baby baby baby!" *smooch* *smooch* *smooch* and dads need to hug and kiss their babies not just the mommy but I guess if the mommy was cuddly wuggaly it's better but with dad it's still best yay!

3. Briguy

Briguy New Member

I am not sure how any of you can judge the reasoning behind someone's personal life and why they divorced. Unless your Lance or KIK you have no right to speculate as to who the bad person is.

4. Saucy

Saucy New Member

Is there something wrong with me that I thought this thread was intended as a joke? I have a warped sense of humor I guess.

In that new york times article, it states that Lance sees his kids every Thursday plus every other weekend. So he has not "abandoned" his children.

5. Galatea

Galatea New Member

okay.. no offence but this is a moronic thread..no one has the right to condemn or condone the actions of either Kik or Lance none of us know him or her. And Lance left Kik did he? i think she and he both stated that the marrage failed for reasons that were confidential.. he did not leave her...and most importantly... who are we to say what is right and wrong about the actions taken... as i said its none of our business.

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

7. soonerschwinn

soonerschwinn New Member

Being divorced myself I know that public perception and private reality can be two very different things. We can't really have any idea what the marriage was like or why they split.

SS

8. disraeligears

disraeligears New Member

GO OUT AND RIDE YOUR BIKE,ASSHOLE
    ITS THEIR PRIVATE LIFE,AND NONE OF OUR BUSINESS

9. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

All this negative energy twords lance? what the hell man! No he is not a jerk, he should be able to do what ever the hell he wants, right? I mean he did win the tour 6 times, he survived cancer, one of the greatists cyclists in EVER. Thats his personal buissiness parting with his wife any way. And he is wanting people to by the live strong bands to raise money for cancer research, not his own personal gain, well in a way for his own personal gain, it must be very satisfying to raise several million$ for cancer research.

10. steve007

steve007 New Member

Thats life. People split up. The media is fickle. Newspapers rarely care or report on the hundreds of thousands of divorces that happen each year or the many many women who are supporting their children in difficult financial circumstances because the father has left without commiting to support his children financially. Or fathers that dissapear leaving the children to grow up without that important element.

Kik has none of these worries.

And whats more, its extremely bad taste, i think, to make such negative comments about Sheryl Crow. None of us KNOW what the arrangement is, be it a casual bit of fun or something deeper.

And criticising her music??!! 11 million copies of her first album have been sold. Her music may be shallow pop, it may be alot of things, but 11 million people are wrong?

I think peoples personal lives are irrelevant, unless you have personal involvement with the person.

And Lance is a great example to his children. A story of success and survival, when everyone thought it wasnt possible. A story of resilience, of continued success despite media intrusion and abuse. A SIX times TDF winner, and the creator of a charity supporting cancer research that has raised 34 MILLION.

Its about time Lance Armstrong got some respect.

11. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

LMFAO.....& you seppo's why the rest of the world 'has only in america' contests?...what a waste of time & effort....you do have the consolation of being beaten for the 'worlds stupidest thread' title by the "bush-yes or No?" thread that ran the other week....on a cycling forum!

Hitchy

12. Redneck

Redneck New Member

I think he (as a person) sucks - his cancer work is Excellent - I lost my mother to cancer, so the Livestrong campaign touches me personally - I have bracelets and give them away. I also have lots of respect for him as a cyclist and how he has brought cycling into the light here in the states. For that, I can't help but be grateful. As a husband and a father of 3 (2 boys & a girl) I can't help to think about Kristin basically raising those children by herself. I did read an article about her and her new found love of Marathon racing - she just did the NY Marathon. And, she is ok with LA finding a new life for himself. As she put it, it's easier dealing with the fact that he is with the Crow knowing that she is completely different and his lifestyle is completely different with Crow.

13. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

He did not abandon his children. I would imagine he spends a lot of time with them whenever he can. lance is a great role model. He IS AWSOME! he is the closest thing ive got to a role modle and a hero. who the fuck are you to say lance is a bad person. OOOOH RIGHT, you are a close minded anti gay ignorant conservative, right? You forgot to put anti-gay on your signature.

14. steve007

steve007 New Member

Many many foolish comments.

Such as, "I think Lance as a person sucks", followed shortly by, "his cancer work is excellent".

6 in a row TDF winner. Raised 34 million (and more) for cancer research. Appearing at many charity events for free to raise more money and awareness.

I think there are things that effect his children in a negative sense and things that dont. Children adapt very well and Lance not being there 24/7 wont effect them later in life - they are still young and Lance is not far off retiring.

Things i do believe effect his children in a very negative sense is all the BS and idle gossip. Newspapers, websites and TV going over and over various un-proven bits of info and speculating on it. They could be reading this......

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

15. graf zeppelin

graf zeppelin New Member

Eesh. Divorce happens. Some really strange replies in this topic, imho. Who are we to say what went on between them? Its none of our business really.

16. Saucy

Saucy New Member

What is wrong with saying that? There are some things about Lance that I admire and other things I don't. Nobody is perfect so why should we pretend that they are? Idol worship is a bad thing, in my opinion. You will only be disappointed.

I also don't see what the big deal is about speculating about the private lives of public people. This is one of the great pasttimes of humans. It brings us together as people. Its fun!

I won't pass judgement on Lance's marriage because there isn't enough information to make an assessment. When a marriage doesn't even make it to 5 years I think that's a sign that these two people just weren't meant to be together.

Those of you who voted "JERK" need to consider the very real possibility that Kristen left Lance, quite possibly because he is a dullard. We've all seen the Lance Chroniclezzzz. It was difficult enough watching from a safe distance, can you imagine living through it? Was Kristen taking No-Doz for the entire duration of the marriage? No human being deserves that.

Yawn. I'm getting drowsy just talking about him.

17. skydive69

skydive69 New Member

Yawn, I'm getting drowsy just thinking of what a no-life dullard you must be. LMFAO. Get a life ahole!

18. Saucy

Saucy New Member

Lance-lover,
    The fact that my post (which was a joke) pissed you off so much gives me great pleasure. That fact alone makes it worthwhile. I will make certain to continue along this path in future. Also, you shouldn't call people assholes in the Bike Cafe. Its not nice.

19. less'go

less'go New Member

Hey saucy, I think that guy just gets off calling people by inflammatory names, and you're right, it's not nice. And while it might be understandable in the bloody soapbox, it's just downright unpleasant here.

And Skydiver, whatever compelled you to read this thread? If you don't think a thread is interesting, there's this great revolutionary idea going around. It's kind of a new-fangled alternative to flaming, you'll have to keep your mind open.

Are you ready? Here it goes: Don't read it!

20. Shreklookalike

Shreklookalike New Member

I've got to agree with steve007 on this one. It makes very little sense to say that someone sucks as a person and then praise his cancer work. That cancer work is a huge part of the "person" that is Lance Armstrong. I'm sure he's got some flaws with his personality. Heck, everyone except for me has some flaws.:p:D But it's silly to say that a person who devotes as much time and energy to such a worthy cause "sucks as a person".