Poll - If money were not a consideration - which bike?

tomUK

Oct 20, 2003
Okay - as i'm buying a new bike, I want to see what you guys think is the best bike money can buy so...

If money were not an object and you HAD to buy a stock bike (which you couldn't change the spec of) which make and model would you get?

Originally posted by tomUK
Okay - as i'm buying a new bike, I want to see what you guys think is the best bike money can buy so...

If money were not an object and you HAD to buy a stock bike (which you couldn't change the spec of) which make and model would you get?

trek 5200 wsd (yes i'm a woman), but if i weren't, trek 5500. man does it feel great! if i had the money, that would have been my bike. it is worth a test ride.

Originally posted by brightgarden
trek 5200 wsd (yes i'm a woman), but if i weren't, trek 5500. man does it feel great! if i had the money, that would have been my bike. it is worth a test ride.

For me, if money was no object I would get a Kestral carbon framed bike with top of the line Campy groupo on it.:D :D :D :D

DeRosa Dual with Campy Boras and full Record.

dual_zoom_1.jpg

Merlin Cielo with Dura Ace. The most beautiful bike I have ever seen.

Allan

Giant TCR Composite Team. Sorry guys, I don't want mine stolen.

xeu

Trek Madone 5.9 with 10spd Dura-Ace and Mavic Ksyriums and full carbon finishing kit,

oh did I mention I have mine on order, it's not that moneys is no object, its just that some things are worth the sacrifice, so who's care that I can't have a beer forthe next 12 months, the ride will last a lot longer ;-)

Either Pinarello Ego or Colnago C50.
Record groupset (of course!) and Bora wheels.

If money were no object I would have a Parlee custom carbon. You shouldn't have to compromise on something stock when you are plunking a big chunk of change. And believe it or not, many custom builders make a better product for less money than the big companies.

Originally posted by Madone
Trek Madone 5.9 with 10spd Dura-Ace and Mavic Ksyriums and full carbon finishing kit,

Ditto :p

or a Colnago C50 (very nice!)

Now who will sponsor me one :(

If money is no object why wouldn't you go with a custom fit? (yeh, I know, I'm not listening to directions). I'd go the custom route and have one built that fit me like me like my favorite pair of shoes and was tuned to the exact type of ride I wanted. Maybe a Seven Odonata Ti. Then....I'd go Campy Record and Race X Lites, Serfas Terazzo saddle, SPD SL pedals, Easton EA90 bars, Ritchey WCS stem....my $.02.

I have one bike store with a 15,000 bike (G)
but I bet i would get a top of the line recumbant bike. my racing bike is plenty fine.

Actually I just built my ultimate bike, no stock bike here. I wanted something I could build and pick and choose what components I wanted also. I wanted all Italian so I went Coppi KSC(Columbus Airplane and CF stays and fork) full Campy Record w/CF Crankset and Campy Neutron Wheels. To finsh it off F'zike seat 3T bars and stem, Cinnelli tape, I waited a long time to be able to do this, I remember drooling over and Atala with sew-ups when I was 13yo, oh man a real Italian racing bike:D . Now all I have to do is get my ass in shape to ride this thing like it was ment. BTW I was 13 in 1973:(

a suggestion: no cheating

for those who can't accept a choice of an ultimate stock bike, start a seperate thread on the Ultimate Custom Bike.

It's more interesting to see what the best of the stock bikes are out there.

oh did I mention I have mine on order, it's not that moneys is no object, its just that some things are worth the sacrifice, so who's care that I can't have a beer forthe next 12 months, the ride will last a lot longer ;-)

send us a pic when u get it?

Trek Madone 5.9 with 10spd Dura-Ace and Mavic Ksyriums and full carbon finishing kit...oh did I mention I have mine on order, it's not that moneys is no object, its just that some things are worth the sacrifice, so who's care that I can't have a beer forthe next 12 months, the ride will last a lot longer ;-)

Nice one. I'm in the same shaky boat. I elected for the Bianchi EV4 AL Pro-Team (Ullrich) frame w/Campy Hyperons and full Record. It'll be macaroni and cheese w/tuna for awhile...

Bianchi L'Una.

Don't know anything about it, but it's Italian and it looks soooo beautiful. Check it out on the site. White Carbon......

A Pinarello Prince with full record or the Orbea Euskatel team bike

I'd say the Orbea is the ultimate bike if it had record

I'm hoping to buy a similar bike soon, Orbea team jelly belly frame and chorus bits