Poll: Local Bike Clubs; East vs. West

It's Chris

Guest
First, where are you?

East of the Mississippi river?

West of the Mississippi river?
- - -

Second, how would you best describe your LBC?

Racing (or mostly fast riders).

Touring/recreational (Mostly non competitive riders).

A general mix of each.
- - -

Third, Which factors does your Local Bike Club use to describe it's
planned rides?

Length.

Terrain.

Average ride speed.

Some general difficulty rating (based on what?).
- - -

This is all for fun.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

West (Portland, Oregon)
Rider types - A general mix of each. We have a racing team, but we
also have a large contingent that does not race (including me)
Ride description - length and terrain. We have pace groups, so
everyone can ride with a group that is about their speed.
http://www.portlandvelo.net
Voted best bicycle club in Portland for the second year in a row.

It's Chris wrote:
> First, where are you?

East of the Mississippi

> Second, how would you best describe your LBC?

Touring/recreational (Mostly non competitive riders).

> Third, Which factors does your Local Bike Club use to describe it's
> planned rides?

Length & Average speed.

Terrain rarely used; it's pretty flat here.

Which would you say best describes the general membership of your Local
Bike Cub?

Enthusiastic, with many membvers attending rides, and many rides
planned.

with 400+ members, the club had the following stats in 2006:
375 official rides (yep, that's more than 1 a day)

1,885 official riders

5 riders per ride, average

128,411 total miles on club rides

If you are in or near the northern suburbs of Chicago, join us sometime.

Non-members always welcome.

http://evanstonbikeclub.org/homepage.asp