Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soft tail

Votes: 81 39.5%
  • Full Suspension

Votes: 41 20.0%
  • Single Speed MTB

Votes: 92 44.9%

• Total voters
piece-of-junk department store steel dually.
It's not too bad, but componentry is pretty horrible, and my fork is bent out, sideways, basically mutilated after doing a few nosedives on hucks etc. Oh well you get what you pay for. I paid like us$150, and bag me all you want, but i've had a lot more than that in terms of fun out of the bike, before it gave up on me.

Now its dead and im painfully saving up for an 04 speshy bighit comp. If its too hard, I plan on going for a cheaper hardcore hardtail. The bighit costs us$2000. I know its a better bike, but err, not exactly cheap thrills eh...

I got a coyote ht3 with chris king headset, psylo race forks, with an lx/xt/dx group mix and various cheap but good quality bits as I tend to stick with 1 bike and customize it buying 2nd hand or sale items to upgrade.
I also have a half built Halo dr jekyll but I pinched loads of the parts for my coyote after I crashed it snapping my collor bone into 3 bits and vowed never to do dirt jumping again :)

nothing spesh, juast a 2001 Kona Cindercone with Rock shox Dukes ont he front ( seem to work quite well!)

given that i ride accross some pretty harsh terrain the bike seems to stand up quite well!

Intense Spider and Intense Uzzi SLX. Both full suspensions obviously. Used to also have a Litespeed Pisgah and Lookout hardtails but sold them since I no longer ride hardtails.

I ride a custom made freeride hardtail. Its running 7" monster T's (not sure what year they are), a 24x2.5" rear/26x2.5" front wheel setup, tube cro-mo BMX cranks, 32t ring with a rockring, 7 speed setup with a exage 300ex roadie shortcage on a STX/SE rear hub, magura hydro rim brake rear, hayes front. Also got 2.5" azonics, 40mm stem, pedals are wellgo BMX platforms with replaceable studs. The frame itself is 4130 cro-mo, with a wraparound headtube gusset, and horizontal dropouts, 13" BB height (and BMX BB shell), 13" seattube and 23" top tube. Its painted flat black.
It suits me and the terrain here well.

1. Santa Cruz Heckler. She's got Marzocchi MX Pro's up front and Fox Float R in the rear. Mavic wheels, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. Hubs, shift, and hollowpoint cranks are Deore. Bontrager seatpost and handlebars. I had her built up for XC, but she's fun for DH, too once in a while. ;)

2. Cool retro cruiser for when I need to slow down and smell the roses. (Don't know or care what kind it is, something made in China)

3. Univega Alpina hardtail (well, it has a suspended seatpost, but it might as well be a hardtail) Its got Shimano everything, but no seat. Thinking of making it a townie.

Vector Haro hardtail, tough bike. Saving for a full-suspension (03's should be on sale).

That poll is a little confusing because it says "soft-tail" and "full suspension" which are the same thing.

MTB: 2002 Gary Fisher Mt. Tam_29. As in 29" tires (the wheels are actually 700c). It rolls fast (once you get it up to speed) and climbs really well. XT/XTR (rear-der.), Marzocchi MXR 29" fork, and Bontrager everything else (Bontrager Race wheelset). Oh yeah, and I have IRC Mythos ti(y)res on as well.

Road: 2002 Orbea Altec 2 frame - full Ultegra, carbon fork, Shimano R540 wheelset, Michelin rubber.

Commuter: Bianchi San Remo (ca. 198?) steel frame w/ a hodge podge of older road and mountain components (RSX, 105, XT, STX, R600, and old shimano road stuff). A Mavic MA40 wheel on the rear and who knows what the hell that thing on the front is? WTB Allterrainasaurus (700x40) on the front and a Conti Twister (700x35) on the rear

JMc

mh....ok let me start: Mountain Cycle Tremor with 5th element and Marzocchi 888 R.....C'dale F800....24 bicylcle Le Dude and 24-7 bsx st with Vanilla RC and Marzocchi Z1 FR 130mm.......and last but not least....I'm waiting for a Rocky Mountain ETSX-70
That's all....for the moment!!!!!!
Bye from Italy!!!!

Originally posted by Alnamvet
Rigid

Hard Tail

Full Suspension

Single Speed MTB

I have, of course, my trusted SC Heckler ('03) for 90% of the riding I do. I have a "no longer stock" Dyno cruiser I continue to modify in an attempt to make it an "crazy" bike to skulk along on with the better half. There is also the vintage Schwinn cruiser with the full chrome treatment on the fenders, tank, springers, etc. It has the requisite two tone metal flake. It doesn't see much of the "real world" though since I'm sure some A-Hole would either mess with it or take it outright. I only ride it when I'm sure to be able to stay with it (my wife is taking it over though I fear). I'm thinking of re-building up an old Raleigh mtb frame I have hanging on the wall to use as a "whatever" bike.

Al: The Kimber Pro-tactical is NEVER far any of them (or me for that matter)! Well, maybe when I'm playing with my new baby (Para-LDA, it's a tiny *******). Oh yeah, and only the Schwinn is a single speed. Take care.

K.

My Mtn Bikes: Old Voodoo Bizango single speed surly hubs, mavic 517 rims. Race face crank, bb, handle bar, and stem. WTB saddle, Thomson seat post avid ti brakes.
My new baby is my Indy Fab Deluxe. Sram 9.0sl shifting, mavic crossmax xl wheels,thomson seat post and stem, race face bar, chris king HS, race face NextLP crank, Hutichinson tires, Avid disks with Ti levers, and always a WTB speed V saddle.

Originally posted by jmcmillanut
That poll is a little confusing because it says "soft-tail" and "full suspension" which are the same thing.

Actually this is a soft tail

04-team-st-web.jpg

Not sure if anyone else makes one besides KHS though, never paid much attention

Originally posted by Alnamvet
Rigid

Hard Tail

Full Suspension

Single Speed MTB

right now i have an outdated Giant ATX860 from around 98. Im building a 03 Haro VFR V4, im ordering componentry for it and i cant wait till im done building. it is a hardtail and im gettin a manitou black suspension fork! cant wait!!!!