Polling stations cycle parking

in message <[email protected]>, Michael
MacClancy ('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:16:08 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:
>
>> Peter and I live in Scotland, where we /have/ PR already, and we
>> already /know/ that it results in more independents - and more
>> independent members of recognised parties - than FPTP. We can
>> demonstrate it. So really there's no use throwing your ******** at
>> us.
>>
>> FPTP is manifestly broken.

> You always get more independents in local elections.

These aren't local elections, idiot. They're national elections.

-- mens vacua in medio vacuo --

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> of Disorganised wrote:

>On 6 May 2005 01:29:03 -0700, "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>How many generations born in Scotland do you think it
>>takes before someone of Polish descent is entitled to think of himself
>>as a Scot?

>Zero.
>
>Or, if you are Michael Howard, an infinite number. Only Romanian
>asylum seekers can become truly British.

Have to admit to some amusement on receiving an election leaflet from the
UKIP candidate, Mr Gutfreund-Walmsley, a naturalised Hungarian war refugee.
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> of Disorganised wrote:
>Unfortunately Fat Eric is still there.

But one of the MPs who supported the Martlehat bill isn't. Keith Bradley,
sitting Labour MP for Manchester Withington, had his 8,000 vote majority
overturned by a 17% swing into an 800 vote majority for the Lib Dem
candidate, John Leech. Time to write to Mr Leech about plastic hats I
think.

Didn't use the bike to get to the Polling Station, because I live in the
house next door to it.
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid
Tatting, lace & stitching page <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm>

On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:42:51 +0100, Steph Peters
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> of Disorganised wrote:
>>Unfortunately Fat Eric is still there.

>But one of the MPs who supported the Martlehat bill isn't. Keith Bradley,

Bad news: Anne Campbell (Lab, Cambridge somewhere, anti-compulsion)
lost her seat.

Good news: David Rendell (Lib-Dem, Newbury, seriously pro-compulsion)
did too. It was looking as if he would emerge as chair of the All
Party Cycling Group.

We have no idea who will now take on that role, with Jane G, Anne C
and David R all out of parliament!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Good news: David Rendell (Lib-Dem, Newbury, seriously
> pro-compulsion) did too. It was looking as if he would
> emerge as chair of the All Party Cycling Group.

Good grief!

--
Dave...

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:42:51 +0100, Steph Peters
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> of Disorganised wrote:
>>>Unfortunately Fat Eric is still there.

>>But one of the MPs who supported the Martlehat bill isn't. Keith Bradley,

>Bad news: Anne Campbell (Lab, Cambridge somewhere, anti-compulsion)
>lost her seat.

But on the bright side, Anne Campbell (Lab, Cambridge, lots of other things)
lost her seat.