Polyphenols in green tea?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by M. Schwartz, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    I read about a study done with black tea showing certain benefits related to the polyphenols. Are
    there also polyphenols in green tea?

    Mel

    Tags:

  2. Lewis Perin

    Lewis Perin Guest

    "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I read about a study done with black tea showing certain benefits related to the polyphenols. Are
    > there also polyphenols in green tea?

    Yes, there are polyphenols in all teas. As a tea lover I try to read at least the abstracts of all
    the studies on tea and nutrition as I hear of them. Among the ones that compare greens to blacks
    some appear to show greens as more helpful than blacks. Other studies show essentially no
    difference. I don't recall seeing research giving any reason to prefer blacks over greens.

    Of course, nutrition might not be the *only* reason you'd drink tea.

    /Lew
    ---
    Lew Perin / [email protected] http://www.panix.com/~perin/babelcarp.html

  3. Trent Duke

    Trent Duke Guest

    YES!!!

    Trent

    -- Look and Feel Great! FREE weight loss and anti-aging group. Join now @

    > From: "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> Organization: none Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition Date:
    > Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:18:15 -0400 Subject: Polyphenols in green tea?
    >
    > I read about a study done with black tea showing certain benefits related to the polyphenols. Are
    > there also polyphenols in green tea?
    >
    > Mel

  4. Ericam2

    Ericam2 Guest

    the problem with black tea is that its acidic.

  5. Lewis Perin

    Lewis Perin Guest