pondering

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Bird

Bird Guest

While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures. Specifically,
    listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails, reading a book, etc.
    I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I somehow feel I will
    reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever else seems so
    important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing off to go put
    some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so philosophical lately!
    Bird need to lose 45#

Tags:

2. I reward myself with more of these little pleasures of life when I reach my mini-goals. Like, lose
    more than 2 pounds this week may earn me a pedicure. Not using my flex points might earn me renting
    a movie that I have been wanting to see. Exercising 5 days this week might earn me an extra hour
    sewing. I know that I should be doing WW for myself but these little rewards help me along the way.

I am Lifetime but I tend to slip now and then. My husband just joined WW so we are back OP
    faithfully. He has about 50 pounds to lose and I have 6 to get back to my all time lowest weight.

judy in fort worth remove 4 to reply directly

3. Very thought prevoking, Bird! After reading it I then thought about the number of times I have
    put myself last. We must make time for ourselves to keep our inner self strong. Thanks for
    posting! Elaine K

bird wrote:

>While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures.
    >Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails,
    >reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I
    >somehow feel I will reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever
    >else seems so important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
    >off to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so
    >philosophical lately! Bird need to lose 45#
    >
    >

4. Lynne

Lynne Guest

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:50:55 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

I think your ideas are excellent. Sometimes it's important to put yourself first.

Lynne

>While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures.
    >Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails,
    >reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I
    >somehow feel I will reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever
    >else seems so important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
    >off to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so
    >philosophical lately! Bird need to lose 45#

5. Connie

Connie Guest

bird wrote:
    > While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures.
    > Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails,
    > reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I
    > somehow feel I will reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever
    > else seems so important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
    > off to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so
    > philosophical lately! Bird need to lose 45#
    >
    >

It's time to take time for yourself!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205/155 RAFL 210.5/205/198.5

6. I think that considering these types of things is what helps me. It is
    about quality of life for me, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's
    simple
    > pleasures. Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a
    long
    > bubble bath, doing my nails, reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many
    of
    > us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I somehow feel I will
    reward
    > myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever else seems so important.
    > When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
    off
    > to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so philosophical
    > lately! Bird need to lose 45#

7. but these rewards are for you, you are doing it right if you ask me, Lee
    judy in fort worth <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I reward myself with more of these little pleasures of life when I reach
    my
    > mini-goals. Like, lose more than 2 pounds this week may earn me a
    pedicure.
    > Not using my flex points might earn me renting a movie that I have been wanting to see. Exercising
    > 5 days this week might earn me an extra hour sewing. I know that I should be doing WW for myself
    > but these little rewards help me along the way.
    >
    > I am Lifetime but I tend to slip now and then. My husband just joined WW
    so
    > we are back OP faithfully. He has about 50 pounds to lose and I have 6 to get back to my all time
    > lowest weight.
    >
    >
    > judy in fort worth remove 4 to reply directly