pondering

Bird

Guest
While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures. Specifically,
listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails, reading a book, etc.
I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I somehow feel I will
reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever else seems so
important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing off to go put
some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so philosophical lately!
Bird need to lose 45#

I reward myself with more of these little pleasures of life when I reach my mini-goals. Like, lose
more than 2 pounds this week may earn me a pedicure. Not using my flex points might earn me renting
a movie that I have been wanting to see. Exercising 5 days this week might earn me an extra hour
sewing. I know that I should be doing WW for myself but these little rewards help me along the way.

I am Lifetime but I tend to slip now and then. My husband just joined WW so we are back OP
faithfully. He has about 50 pounds to lose and I have 6 to get back to my all time lowest weight.

judy in fort worth remove 4 to reply directly

Very thought prevoking, Bird! After reading it I then thought about the number of times I have
put myself last. We must make time for ourselves to keep our inner self strong. Thanks for
posting! Elaine K

bird wrote:

>While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures.
>Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails,
>reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I
>somehow feel I will reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever
>else seems so important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
>off to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so
>philosophical lately! Bird need to lose 45#

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:50:55 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

I think your ideas are excellent. Sometimes it's important to put yourself first.

Lynne

bird wrote:
> While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's simple pleasures.
> Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a long bubble bath, doing my nails,
> reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many of us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I
> somehow feel I will reward myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever
> else seems so important. When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
> off to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so
> philosophical lately! Bird need to lose 45#

It's time to take time for yourself!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205/155 RAFL 210.5/205/198.5

I think that considering these types of things is what helps me. It is
about quality of life for me, Lee
bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> While in my jazzercise class this morning I started pondering life's
simple
> pleasures. Specifically, listening to music. This along with taking a
long
> bubble bath, doing my nails, reading a book, etc. I just wonder how many
of
> us deprive ourselves of these little "treats". I somehow feel I will
reward
> myself after I get the house cleaned or after I pay bills or whatever else seems so important.
> When I started back on WW I decided it was time for me. So I am signing
off
> to go put some music on and enjoy the little things in life. Forgive me for being so philosophical
> lately! Bird need to lose 45#

but these rewards are for you, you are doing it right if you ask me, Lee
news:[email protected]...