poor bikes

t0mm0r

Dec 16, 2003
Now i haven't been in any really devastating crashes or beat up my bike too bad, though one time i was smashing up a somewhat steep hill in my granner gear... heard some twisting and squeaking... next thing i know a piece of my cog shoots off of the crank. so now no granny gear :(. I think it would be interesting to hear your guys' (girls') stories of how yer precious bikes got smashed and if ya have any post a pic of the twisted beauty. I would post one of my own but i dont' have any right now.

Originally posted by t0mm0r
Now i haven't been in any really devastating crashes or beat up my bike too bad, though one time i was smashing up a somewhat steep hill in my granner gear... heard some twisting and squeaking... next thing i know a piece of my cog shoots off of the crank. so now no granny gear :(. I think it would be interesting to hear your guys' (girls') stories of how yer precious bikes got smashed and if ya have any post a pic of the twisted beauty. I would post one of my own but i dont' have any right now.

I wrote of my haro pushie, but no pics :mad:

Originally posted by t0mm0r
About 20 years ago as a kid riding down the hill on the footpath on a very busy street, the handlebars of the dragster came off in my hands as the "gooseneck" broke. Lucky I only plowed into someones front wall instead of veering onto the road.

I also broke my bikes goose neck when I made a jump and landed wrong. It was a long walk home. This was also about 20-21 years ago.

Don't even get me started. I've just got my bike back after 3 weeks of waiting for the repairs. Basically, they didn't have to replace the BB, yet. Let's see if the 3 weeks worth of MTB training will really make me faster on the road.