"Poor" David Millar

Also wouldn't Millar have won the first time trial during this years TDF if his chain hadn't have
come off? Brad McGee won by the skin of his teeth. I seem to remember Ullrich and Armstrong being
there for that one. So credit where credit is due. Good on you David! You deserve it.

Also, Vinokourov is not that good a time trialist but he is a good climber and all round cyclist.

Sonarrat wrote:

> "RACER X" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > Yeah, what a ride for the new "world champion." He beat everyone in the world except the best
> > time trialers in the world (Ullrich,
>
> Yes
>
> > Armstrong,
>
> Yes
>
> > Hamilton,
>
> Yes
>
> > Vinokourov).
>
> ...No.
>
> > I told you - the rainbow jersey is a joke because it's held in October and the top pros boycott
> > the damn race every year. The only thing

> > Take care,
> >
> > Racer X
>
> You don't think it's a testament to Millar's strength that he can still compete in October, after
> a full season replete with victories? He started as early as Armstrong and earlier than Ullrich
> and still kept his form up until WC time.
>
> -Sonarrat.

> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "RACER X" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Yeah, what a ride for the new "world champion." He beat everyone in
the
> > > world except the best time trialers in the world (Ullrich, Armstrong, Hamilton, Vinokourov).
> > >
> > > I told you - the rainbow jersey is a joke because it's held in October and the top pros
> > > boycott the damn race every year. The only thing

> > > Take care,
> > >
> > > Racer X
> > >

> > Yeah, what a joke to have a nobody time trialist like Millar win the World's! He could never
> > beat Armstrong, Ullrich or Hamilton!
> >

> > PS - Has anyone else noticed that the majority of ITT World's gold
> medalists
> > have also won TDF ITTs?
> >
> > Boardman, Ullrich, Botero, Millar...who else?
>

> Indurain (Olympics TT)

I was tempted to count that too, but the topic was the World's and the whether the top guys are
winning it in October. Indurain was in '96 and I think that was in September, so it does not help my
argument much.

Nick Burns wrote:

> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Nick Burns wrote:
>>
>>>"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Has everyone finished?
>>
>>Yup.
>>
>>They started at 90 second intervals and Millar not only caught his 90-second man (Nozal, and that
>>must've been sweet -- Millar didn't even turn his head to look) but also his 3 minute man
>>(Gontchar, who wears the rainbow stripes, too).
>

> Wow. That is impressive.

The downside of this is having to put up with more of "Safety Marshall" Dave's stuff in future
races. He'll be even more precious now.

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

> Shayne Wissler <[email protected]> wrote in news:LEkhb.532042 $cF.197643@rwcrnsc53:
>
> <snip>
>
>>"A new £15,000 carbon bike, sponsored by the British Cycling Federation and specially designed for
>>his time trial, had given him extra motivation."
>>
>>Shayne Wissler
>

> Its good to see the BCF adheres to the same prudent funding/accounting standards as the USCF ;)
>
> Dude would have won it on a Huffy.

No, a Huffy would have broken under the strain. Even with Dave's fast fingers and a roll of
duct-tape I doubt he could have held one together for the distance.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:37:36 GMT, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> PS - Has anyone else noticed that the majority of ITT World's gold medalists have also won TDF
>> ITTs? Boardman, Ullrich, Botero, Millar...who else?
>
> Indurain (Olympics TT)

Actually, afterwards Millar commented that a big part of his motivation to win here was to be able
to compete (and win) in the next Olympics in his world champion jersey.

>Yeah, what a ride for the new "world champion." He beat everyone in the world except the best time
>trialers in the world (Ullrich, Armstrong, Hamilton, Vinokourov).

The best TTer's in the world should have got their sorry asses there to prove it on the day.

Are you always so miserable or has it taken years of practice to get there? Or is the lemon stuck up
your rear?

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:37:36 GMT, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>>> PS - Has anyone else noticed that the majority of ITT World's gold medalists have also won TDF
>>> ITTs? Boardman, Ullrich, Botero, Millar...who else?
>>
>> Indurain (Olympics TT)
>
> Actually, afterwards Millar commented that a big part of his motivation to win here was to be able
> to compete (and win) in the next Olympics in his world champion jersey.

And did ya hear what he said to the dumb chick from CBC (yepperz, same one the Brit Security told to
FO when she tried to interview him when he was warming up) that (NO KIDDING) said ''You were going
too fast on the first lap'' and ''You cramped up on the hill at the end of lap one'' ???

He ignored the first remark and asked her WTF she got the scoop on the second one. Having got that
Malarkey outta the way he said that he knew he had it in the bag at the end of the first lap and
that the second lap, to use his words, was ''A Victory Lap''.

--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

Why isn't there coverage this year? I remembered they covered the rr last year.

Nick Burns wrote:
> Yeah, what a joke to have a nobody time trialist like Millar win the World's! He could never beat
> Armstrong, Ullrich or Hamilton!

These guys didn't even turn up for the event to give it a shot. Millar can only beat the other
competitors. He's beaten them all before and I am sure he will again. Perhaps the three you mention
have no motivation for the event, does that make Millar a lesser rider.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>>Yeah, what a ride for the new "world champion." He beat everyone in the world except the best time
>>trialers in the world (Ullrich, Armstrong, Hamilton, Vinokourov).
>

> The best TTer's in the world should have got their sorry asses there to prove it on the day.
>
> Are you always so miserable or has it taken years of practice to get there? Or is the lemon stuck
> up your rear?
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
> h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
> overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Yes. If you don't show, you've lost.

He had nearly 1:30 winning margin this year. It would be difficult to argue that anyone could have
gone faster.

"Bagbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> If you don't show, you've lost.
>
> He had nearly 1:30 winning margin this year. It would be difficult to argue that anyone could have
> gone faster.

Yeah, no one was going to beat a 48 km/h run, over a hilly course - and that was despite the fact
that he coasted through the second lap. Imagine how fast he would have been if he had to be...

-Sonarrat.

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Nick Burns wrote:
> > Yeah, what a joke to have a nobody time trialist like Millar win the World's! He could never
> > beat Armstrong, Ullrich or Hamilton!
>
> These guys didn't even turn up for the event to give it a shot. Millar can only beat the other
> competitors. He's beaten them all before and I am sure he will again. Perhaps the three you
> mention have no motivation for the event, does that make Millar a lesser rider.

No kidding. It was sarcasm.

In article <[email protected]>, "Nick Burns"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Nick Burns wrote:
> > > Yeah, what a joke to have a nobody time trialist like Millar win the World's! He could never
> > > beat Armstrong, Ullrich or Hamilton!
> >
> > These guys didn't even turn up for the event to give it a shot. Millar can only beat the other
> > competitors. He's beaten them all before and I am sure he will again. Perhaps the three you
> > mention have no motivation for the event, does that make Millar a lesser rider.
>
> No kidding. It was sarcasm.

Actually, that was an example of sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
person who doesn't get it.

--
tanx, Howard

"We've reached a higher spiritual plane, that is so high I can't explain We tell jokes to make you
laugh, we play sports so we don't get fat..." The Dictators

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Nick Burns"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > These guys didn't even turn up for the event to give it a shot. Millar can only beat the other
> > > competitors. He's beaten them all before and I am sure he will again. Perhaps the three you
> > > mention have no motivation for the event, does that make Millar a lesser rider.
> >
> > No kidding. It was sarcasm.
>
> Actually, that was an example of sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
> person who doesn't get it.

POTM!

-Sonarrat.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sonarrat" <[email protected]..> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, "Nick Burns"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > No kidding. It was sarcasm.
> >
> > Actually, that was an example of sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and
> > the person who doesn't get it.
>
> POTM!
>
> -Sonarrat.

I wish I could say I thought of that line, but it's been stuck in my head since I read it. I
couldn't remember where that was so I could source it, but I looked it up. (And I have no idea
why I named the file what I did...) Here's the **** (note that several of these could be used
regularly in this group):

The Washington Post's Style Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the
dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the 2003 winners:

1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money
to start with.

2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.
The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

4. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.

5. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for
an indefinite period.

6. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

7. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

8. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

9. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.

10. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)

11. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And
then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

12. Decaflon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are
good for you.

13. Glibido: All talk and no action.

14. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

15. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked
through a spider web.

16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the
morning and cannot be cast out.

17. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub in the fruit you're eating.

And the pick of the literature:

18. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an ass.

--

Those are great. Thanks for sharing:>)