Poor old Beloki

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brianb, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Brianb

    Brianb Guest

    do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
    well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (brianb) wrote:

    > do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
    > well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

    He probably COULD, who knows if he'll want to. Plenty of guys have had crashes as bad or worse and
    have gone on to race again.

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    >do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
    >well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

    From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
    elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.

    Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
    capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
    again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
    There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.

    Doug

  4. Robert

    Robert Guest

    >>do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up.
    > From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
    > elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.
    >
    > Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
    > capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
    > again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
    > There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.
    >
    > Doug

    Jan Ulrick, today, crashed in the rain. He hates to ride in the rain. Will that stop him from
    racing? No. Beloki loves to race the downhills. Will that stop him from climbing? I do hope not.

    Rob

  5. Robert

    Robert Guest

    >>do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up.
    > From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
    > elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.
    >
    > Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
    > capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
    > again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
    > There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.
    >
    > Doug

    Jan Ullrich, today, crashed in the rain. He hates to ride in the rain. Will that stop him from