Poor old Beloki

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brianb

do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (brianb) wrote:

> do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
> well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

He probably COULD, who knows if he'll want to. Plenty of guys have had crashes as bad or worse and
have gone on to race again.

>do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up. I think LA should wish him
>well and say he hopes to ride against him again soon, in his victory talk. That would be classy.

From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.

Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.

Doug

>>do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up.
> From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
> elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.
>
> Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
> capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
> again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
> There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.
>
> Doug

Jan Ulrick, today, crashed in the rain. He hates to ride in the rain. Will that stop him from
racing? No. Beloki loves to race the downhills. Will that stop him from climbing? I do hope not.

Rob

>>do you think that guy will ever race again? He seemed pretty banged up.
> From what I've read, the injuries are quite serious. Two femur breaks up high near the hip. The
> elbow and wrist fractures are serious but should heal.
>
> Luckily for him, cycling is not about maximum leg force applied to the pedal as much as aerobic
> capacity. Perhaps if he was in some power sport he'd been in trouble. But my belief is he can ride
> again. Then the question becomes, will he have the nerve to fly down descents at 70 mph anymore?
> There are skiers who after a bad accident just don't have the nerve anymore. I can't blame them.
>
> Doug

Jan Ullrich, today, crashed in the rain. He hates to ride in the rain. Will that stop him from
racing? No. Beloki loves to race the downhills. Will that stop him from climbing? I do hope not.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.