UK and Europe · Public discussion

Poor Quality Shimano Insdex shifter

Started by Antony · · Last activity · 2 posts · 695 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
23 March 2003
Last activity
23 March 2003
Original author
Antony
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
695
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been having a few problems with the deralieurs (It this how you spell it?) and have been
    buggering about with the adjuster screws for weeks, never seeming to get it just right. Untill
    yesterday when I finally discovered it's the indexer, not the deralieur. Shimano have not trimmed
    the cable sheath properly so there were a dozen or so sheath wires sticking into the indexer
    mechanism, with the result that it often didn't index at all. After a bit of work with the dremmel
    its working pretty well now but I can't engage top gear. (I think the mechanism is damaged slightly)
    If I decide to replace it what would anyone reccommend in the not too pricey range? (It's a hardtail
    mountain bike) Thanks for your views in advance Antony

  2. I've used the same Shimano Deore derailleur for the past year and a half and it's served me very well - hasn't let me down yet and I've used the bike more or less every day.

    The same cannot be said for the brake levers though.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.