poormans ultrasonic cleaner update

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill B

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple green
[in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the chain and turn
the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple green is removed. next I
remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time for cleaning and rinse is 10min
for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic cleaner"

That looks like a great idea, Bill.

Thanks.

Lewis.

http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
> metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
> Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple green
> [in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the chain and turn
> the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple green is removed. next
> I remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time for cleaning and rinse is
> 10min for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
> http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic cleaner"

Bill:

I have one of those Sonic Toothbrushes that were put together with alkaline batteries so they
couldn't be recharged. I wonder if there's a way to get the thing apart, install rechargable NiCads,
and use it to give my bike a hi-tech "wash and brush up?" Come to think of it, I might be able to
pick up a used vibrator on ebay, and give my bike a date...

(Beware of hyper-personification in this post.)

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
> metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
> Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple green
> [in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the chain and turn
> the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple green is removed. next
> I remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time for cleaning and rinse is
> 10min for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
> http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic cleaner"

WHAT...U don't already have a Vibrator on your bent?? I've always used one and I thought everyone
else did too, you know, U velcro one to the seat back for a gentle back massage while riding,
everyone does do this....right?
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Bill:
>
> I have one of those Sonic Toothbrushes that were put together with
alkaline
> batteries so they couldn't be recharged. I wonder if there's a way to get the thing apart, install
> rechargable NiCads, and use it to give my bike a hi-tech "wash and brush up?" Come to think of it,
> I might be able to pick up a used vibrator on ebay, and give my bike a date...
>
> (Beware of hyper-personification in this post.)
>
> --
> --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.
>
>
> "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
> > metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
> > Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple
> > green [in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the chain
> > and turn the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple green is
> > removed. next I remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time for cleaning
> > and rinse is 10min for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
> > http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic
> > cleaner"

Reminds me of the wheel I built..... Joshua Goldberg <[email protected]> wrote in message
> WHAT...U don't already have a Vibrator on your bent?? I've always used one and I thought everyone
> else did too, you know, U
velcro
> one to the seat back for a gentle back massage while riding, everyone does do this....right?
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Bill:
> >
> > I have one of those Sonic Toothbrushes that were put together with
> alkaline
> > batteries so they couldn't be recharged. I wonder if there's a way to
get
> > the thing apart, install rechargable NiCads, and use it to give my bike
a
> > hi-tech "wash and brush up?" Come to think of it, I might be able to
pick
> > up a used vibrator on ebay, and give my bike a date...
> >
> > (Beware of hyper-personification in this post.)
> >
> > --
> > --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.
> >
> >
> > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
> > > metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
> > > Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple
> > > green [in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the
> > > chain and turn the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple
> > > green is removed. next I remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time
> > > for cleaning and rinse is 10min for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
> > > http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic
> > > cleaner"
> >
>

****** >>U velcro one to the seat back for a gentle back massage while riding <<****

Oh ! Is that what you're supposed to do with them?

I keep mine in my pants pocket. Maybe that why I don't get recumbent butt?

Lewis.

http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> WHAT...U don't already have a Vibrator on your bent?? I've always used one and I thought everyone
> else did too, you know, U velcro one to the seat back for a gentle back massage while riding,
> everyone does do this....right?
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Bill:
> >
> > I have one of those Sonic Toothbrushes that were put together with
> alkaline
> > batteries so they couldn't be recharged. I wonder if there's a way to get the thing apart,
> > install rechargable NiCads, and use it to give my bike a hi-tech "wash and brush up?" Come to
> > think of it, I might be able to pick up a used vibrator on ebay, and give my bike a date...
> >
> > (Beware of hyper-personification in this post.)
> >
> > --
> > --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.
> >
> >
> > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my poormans ultrasonic cleaner. I have done 3
> > > metrics since I cleaned my chain in the cleaner and I must say that the chain is super quite.
> > > Several benters have asked about rinsing away the simple green. I dump out the dirty simple
> > > green [in a plastic bottle],rinse the pot and then I put in enough HOT water to cover the
> > > chain and turn the machine back on . I do this 2 times just to make sure all of the simple
> > > green is removed. next I remove the chain,blow dry and soak the chain in oil. Lenght of time
> > > for cleaning and rinse is 10min for each step. For those that have not seen the cleaner go to
> > > http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "poormans ultrasonic
> > > cleaner"
> >

Status
Not open for further replies.