pop goes the post cherry

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by monsterman, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Hi all. Have been lurking in the shadows of this forum for the last while - believed my lack of a non-freemail address meant no posting priveleges until I contacted friendly administrator who set me up.

    Brisbane based. Semi-regular cycle commuter (why won't it stop raining this week) Semi-regular triathlete (sensitive issue in this forum I know :D ). Run of the mill middle-aged cyclist.

    Looking forward to putting my tuppence in!

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Welcome aboard the Good Ship a.b!

    From Melboring, but don't worry, 'tis plenty of Bris-Vegas crew here. :D

  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "monsterman" wrote ...

    > snip <
    > Semi-regular triathlete (sensitive issue in this forum I know :D ).

    Don't worry we'll hold that against you ;-)

    Parbs - run of the mill middle aged rabid singlespeeder.

  4. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Some of us would say there is no such thing as a regular triathlete...

    Welcome!

    Ritch

  5. alison_b

    alison_b New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2005
    Welcome Monsterman :)

    Always nice to see more of us (run of the mill middle-aged cyclists!) about.

    cheers,
    ali

  6. dave

    dave Guest

    alison_b wrote:
    > monsterman Wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all. Have been lurking in the shadows of this forum for the last
    >>while - believed my lack of a non-freemail address meant no posting
    >>priveleges until I contacted friendly administrator who set me up.
    >>
    >>Brisbane based. Semi-regular cycle commuter (why won't it stop raining
    >>this week) Semi-regular triathlete (sensitive issue in this forum I
    >>know :D ). Run of the mill middle-aged cyclist.
    >>
    >>Looking forward to putting my tuppence in!

    > Welcome Monsterman :)
    >
    > Always nice to see more of us (run of the mill middle-aged cyclists!)
    > about.
    >
    > cheers,
    > ali

    WhoÅ› run of the mill?

    Sheesh

    Dave

  7. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    monsterman wrote:

    > Hi all. Have been lurking in the shadows of this forum for the last
    > while - believed my lack of a non-freemail address meant no posting
    > priveleges until I contacted friendly administrator who set me up.
    >
    > Brisbane based. Semi-regular cycle commuter (why won't it stop raining
    > this week) Semi-regular triathlete (sensitive issue in this forum I
    > know :D ). Run of the mill middle-aged cyclist.
    >
    > Looking forward to putting my tuppence in!
    >
    > --
    > monsterman

    Good morning monsterman! Are you southside or northside? I'm all for
    your semi-reg habit so long as you don't support USM events, and instead
    go for Bribie etc.

    Tam

  8. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    Ah yes, the rain has highlighted the committed commuters :)

    Nice sunny day today, would've been a lovely commute, but thanks to the 2yr old I got bugger all sleep last night so I chose the 2 wheels with the engine.....

    Welcome.

  9. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Good morning monsterman! Are you southside or northside? I'm all for
    your semi-reg habit so long as you don't support USM events, and instead
    go for Bribie etc.

    Tam[/QUOTE]
    Hey there Tam. There's only one side in Brsbane - Southside!!! (Carindale). USM - sorry but doing Noosa in 2 weeks (bike leg only this year). Not racing as individual due to L5/S1 laminectomy 5-6 months ago (dont let your kids play tight head prop!). I have only just been "allowed" to start running again - so am easing ever so gently back into a "normal" training regime (which is fairly relaxed even in base mode :D - certainly none of that ultra / loony stuff :D :D :D ).

  10. Hi MM,

    I'm from the southside of Brisneyland.

    Similar to you, I guess. Regular commuter. Semi-regular racer.
    Returning triathlete. Except that I am very, very slow.... *grins*

    Where do you commute from?? Post if you are keen to hook up for the
    occasional commute...

    Cheers,
    Abby

  11. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Hi there Abs. From Carindale to City and Back 2-3 times weekly. I head in early (leave abt 5 - 5.15 am) go in along old cleveland, bennets rd, stanley street and then do the river ride.

  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Absent Husband wrote:

    > Hi MM,
    >
    > I'm from the southside of Brisneyland.
    >
    > Similar to you, I guess. Regular commuter. Semi-regular racer.
    > Returning triathlete. Except that I am very, very slow.... *grins*
    >
    > Where do you commute from?? Post if you are keen to hook up for the
    > occasional commute...
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Abby

    Hey Abby, I'll commute with you some time... where were you this
    morning, bludger boy?

    Tam

  13. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    I commute from Calamvale Mon/Wed/Thu, along Mains Rd, then Klump, then Logan Rd. Usually go up Mt Gravatt a few times on the way, get to the CBD by 8am usually....

  14. Sore legs from all this r#nning are messing with my cycling!! But I'll
    be back on the bike again tomorrow...

    Abby

  15. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Peka wrote:

    > Absent Husband Wrote:
    > > Where do you commute from?? Post if you are keen to hook up for the
    > > occasional commute...I commute from Calamvale Mon/Wed/Thu, along Mains Rd, then Klump, then

    > Logan Rd. Usually go up Mt Gravatt a few times on the way, get to the
    > CBD by 8am usually....
    >
    > --
    > Peka

    Someone's keen. I only ever go up MtG once. Ew. Hills. Actually it's
    mostly because I suck at descending. I prefer Samford, where I break 70,
    easy.

    Tam

  16. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    I try to go up 3 times but I usually don't wake up in time and have to settle for 2 :) It does wonders for your fitness. I'm not too fussed on how fast I go down, I'm usually still recoverying from the trip up!

  17. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Peka wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > Someone's keen. I only ever go up MtG once. Ew. Hills. Actually it's
    > > mostly because I suck at descending. I prefer Samford, where I break
    > > 70, easyI try to go up 3 times but I usually don't wake up in time and have to

    > settle for 2 :) It does wonders for your fitness. I'm not too fussed on
    > how fast I go down, I'm usually still recoverying from the trip up!
    >
    > --
    > Peka

    Nah it's more like I get to the bottom and my hands and forearms are all
    sore from braking and my neck is getting stiff from trying to see where
    I'm going. It's probably light early enough now to get back into it
    though ;) those pre dawn trips with LEDs were... interesting.

    Tam

  18. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Hey there Tam. There's only one side in Brsbane - Southside!!! (Carindale). USM - sorry but doing Noosa in 2 weeks (bike leg only this year). Not racing as individual due to L5/S1 laminectomy 5-6 months ago (dont let your kids play tight head prop!). I have only just been "allowed" to start running again - so am easing ever so gently back into a "normal" training regime (which is fairly relaxed even in base mode :D - certainly none of that ultra / loony stuff :D :D :D ).[/QUOTE]

    G'day Monster

    and welcome from 'tother side of the country. I grew up on the southside of Brisbane (Highgate Hill) but now I am in Perth. Tight head prop, eh? It's good to get some footy balance on this forum (nyahh nyahh Melbourne posters :D :D )

    Who did you play your rugby for?

    Steve(No 8 - the thinking forward's position)A

  19. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    No A grade or anything really approaching it. Played all through school, colts at Sunnybank followed by a fair bit of subdistricts. If only my talent matched my passion for the game! I'm always saying that about my cycling too.

    At least you'll be able to get your regular "live" rugby dose in the new year what with the Western Force coming to town.

  20. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Monster,
    I played for State High, then played for Uni when I went to club rugby. And I coached under 8s at Sunnybank for a while as a favour for a mate. Rest assured, you won't find my name on any A grade lists anywhere!!

    SteveA