pop goes the wheelsel

"Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Bleve> It's wet brakes that eat rims. They pick up grit and turn it
>> Bleve> into grinding paste. Even Sheldon and Jobst agree, so it
>> Bleve> *must* be true :)
>>
>> No doubt about that, on balance though I brake a lot less in the wet
>> generally. I don't go nearly as fast in the wet 'cause there's less
>> traction and I like to kid myself that going a bit slower will make a
>> difference :)

> For road commuting, it's probably not much of an issue. You're not
> having to use your brakes much.

Um...I do. Mostly due to those glowing red things. That and slowing down
through dodgy sections with heavy traffic and shops.

Resound wrote:

> > For road commuting, it's probably not much of an issue. You're not
> > having to use your brakes much.
> >

> Um...I do. Mostly due to those glowing red things. That and slowing down
> through dodgy sections with heavy traffic and shops.

Ok, next time it's raining, take yourself and your bike to a hill with
a lot of corners on it, and descend the hill. Notice how much you use
the brakes and how hard you use them. Compare that to stopping at
traffic lights every now and then on a commute.