Porelle Dry Socks - Washing Instructions

Richard Bates

Guest
Being a typical bloke, I have thrown away the leaflet that came with my Porelle Dry Socks. I assume
that this leaflet contained some washing instructions, as there is no label on the garment itself.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether any special care is needed, or is it just a case of throwing
them in the machine with my other socks?

Love and socks from Rich x

[Hangs head in shame for owning these socks for many years and never yet having washed them]

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

In article <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> writes
>Being a typical bloke, I have thrown away the leaflet that came with my Porelle Dry Socks. I assume
>that this leaflet contained some washing instructions, as there is no label on the garment itself.
>
>Can anyone enlighten me as to whether any special care is needed, or is it just a case of throwing
>them in the machine with my other socks?

From the leaflet: Porelle drys can be machine washed and tumble dried to 40 C Do not iron or dry
out on a radiator or any other direct heat source

There are four symbols that I can't decipher but I think they cover all of the above.

There you go.

--
congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

On Fri, 30 May 2003 19:05:14 +0100, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Being a typical bloke, I have thrown away the leaflet that came with my Porelle Dry Socks.

Same as any microporous stuff. Don't boil them, don't use softeners, don't use detergents that
leave residues.

If you go to

http://www.drysocks.co.uk/contact.htm

there's the contact info of the company - then you can get the instructions stright from the
horse's mouth

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Frank wrote:

> This may be a stupid question, but why are you wearing Porelle Dry Socks at this time of year?

He's washing not wearing them! :)

Drying Tip: Keep turning inside-out and outside-in, otherwise they'll never dry - assuming they're
like Sealskinz - which seem to wash ok in a synthetic 40 degree program.

~PB

SabineUK wrote:
> I think Porelle Drys *are* Sealskinz - I seem to remember a rebranding a wee while ago, with SS
> being the new name for PDs.

I *was* going to post saying that seems unlikely, as I bought a pair of Porelle Dry's a couple of
years after my SealSkinz. They're completely different socks, with the Porelle's being a lot more
comfortable, although I believe the Seal Skinz have evolved since then.

However, if you go to the Porelle website ( http://www.porvairinternational.com/ ) and follow their
socks and gloves links, it takes you to http://www.sealskinz.com/ .

My Porelle Dry's don't have a SealSkinz logo on them. Perhaps one company bought the other some time
after I got my socks.

Anyway, this thread reminds me that I really should wash my SealSkinz gloves while I'm not
using them.

Thomas Paine

On Sat, 31 May 2003 18:16:55 +0000 (UTC), "Frank" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>This may be a stupid question, but why are you wearing Porelle Dry Socks at this time of year?

I wore them to go skiing at Tamworth Snowdome, and after taking them off, decided that they were
quite disgustingly dirty.

BTW I had a beginners lesson and the instructor reckoned that cyclists generally made good skiers. I
may have proved him wrong!

Love and skis from Rich x

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 04:15:37 +0100, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> wrote:

>BTW I had a beginners lesson and the instructor reckoned that cyclists generally made good skiers.
>I may have proved him wrong!

Haven't a clue.

But as a youngster, I was a very keen skier. Particularly on climbing our local un-lifted dry slope.
Didn't cycle at all.

Twenty years on, I'm a fat bloater who can suffer cardiac arrest when trying to lift my cheeseburger
too fast, but I still have thighs that can outsprint many of our local clubbies.

> BTW I had a beginners lesson and the instructor reckoned that cyclists generally made good skiers.
> I may have proved him wrong!

The closest I've got to ski slope was the dry one in Harlow and even then that was for bombing
down on with our bikes at midnight. I was a hooligan in my youth (i'm 21 so i'm not going too far
back). :eek:)

Gadget

Gadget wrote:
>> BTW I had a beginners lesson and the instructor reckoned that cyclists generally made good
>> skiers. I may have proved him wrong!
>>
> The closest I've got to ski slope was the dry one in Harlow and even then that was for bombing
> down on with our bikes at midnight. I was a hooligan in my youth (i'm 21 so i'm not going too far
> back). :eek:)
>
> Gadget

You should come to Edinburgh. There is a down hill track beside the ski slope and you can take your
bike up on the chair-lift, I think.
--
Mark

You should come to Edinburgh. There is a down hill track beside the ski
> slope and you can take your bike up on the chair-lift, I think.
> --
> Mark

I'll need a place to stay. Hint Hint. ;o)

Gadget

Gadget wrote:
> You should come to Edinburgh. There is a down hill track beside the ski
>> slope and you can take your bike up on the chair-lift, I think.
>> --
>> Mark
>>

> I'll need a place to stay. Hint Hint. ;o)
>
> Gadget

Sorry, we're full. Number one son even has to climb a ladder to get to his bed in the loft. He likes
it there though, honest.
--
Mark