Pork results

Darryl L. Pierc

Guest
I heated up the dutch oven while seasoning the shoulder. I
sprinkled plenty of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on
it, then gave it a rub with some canola oil. I seared all
four sides in the DO when it was nice and hot (lots of smoke
as a result, so much that I had to open a window). Put it in
the DO with a 1 1/2 C of water, cut up potatoes, carrots,
celery and onion, and put it in a 225F oven from 8am until
5:50p when we had dinner. Also, I put it in so that the skin
was on top, out of the fluid.

The meal was DELICIOUS! Even my picky kids ate it! Thanks
all for the suggestions.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn
Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care

>Subject: Pork results
>From: "Darryl L. Pierce" [email protected]
>Date: 3/10/04 12:25 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>I heated up the dutch oven while seasoning the shoulder. I
>sprinkled plenty of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on
>it, then gave it a rub with some canola oil. I seared all
>four sides in the DO when it was nice and hot (lots of
>smoke as a result, so much that I had to open a window).
>Put it in the DO with a 1 1/2 C of water, cut up potatoes,
>carrots, celery and onion, and put it in a 225F oven from
>8am until 5:50p when we had dinner. Also, I put it in so
>that the skin was on top, out of the fluid.
>
>The meal was DELICIOUS! Even my picky kids ate it! Thanks
>all for the suggestions.
>
>--
>Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the
>Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do
>you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"

I made 2 pork roasts for dinner last summer on grill
.everyone loved it. http://www.pbase.com/andrcom