Pork results

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Darryl L. Pierc, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. I heated up the dutch oven while seasoning the shoulder. I
    sprinkled plenty of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on
    it, then gave it a rub with some canola oil. I seared all
    four sides in the DO when it was nice and hot (lots of smoke
    as a result, so much that I had to open a window). Put it in
    the DO with a 1 1/2 C of water, cut up potatoes, carrots,
    celery and onion, and put it in a 225F oven from 8am until
    5:50p when we had dinner. Also, I put it in so that the skin
    was on top, out of the fluid.

    The meal was DELICIOUS! Even my picky kids ate it! Thanks
    all for the suggestions.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn
    Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care

    Tags:

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

    >Subject: Pork results
    >From: "Darryl L. Pierce" [email protected]
    >Date: 3/10/04 12:25 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >
    >I heated up the dutch oven while seasoning the shoulder. I
    >sprinkled plenty of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on
    >it, then gave it a rub with some canola oil. I seared all
    >four sides in the DO when it was nice and hot (lots of
    >smoke as a result, so much that I had to open a window).
    >Put it in the DO with a 1 1/2 C of water, cut up potatoes,
    >carrots, celery and onion, and put it in a 225F oven from
    >8am until 5:50p when we had dinner. Also, I put it in so
    >that the skin was on top, out of the fluid.
    >
    >The meal was DELICIOUS! Even my picky kids ate it! Thanks
    >all for the suggestions.
    >
    >--
    >Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the
    >Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do
    >you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"

    I made 2 pork roasts for dinner last summer on grill
    .everyone loved it. http://www.pbase.com/andrcom

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

  4. Andy