port elizabeth 1970 to 77......

bikeriderfrance

Nov 12, 2004
:) hi there any guys from the 70.s who rode in PE, walmer/spartans/p e club / north roads/....... would like to have a chat with any...paarl 25 winner and multi prov champ road/track,,( maybe chump )..geoff.:p :p

bikeriderfrance said:
:) hi there any guys from the 70.s who rode in PE, walmer/spartans/p e club / north roads/....... would like to have a chat with any...paarl 25 winner and multi prov champ road/track,,( maybe chump )..geoff.:p :p

I won the first day of the crit series down there way back in 2004 :) :), wasn't born in your time . Maybe you know the guy who invited me there he's originally from PE the moolmann family

maarten said:
I won the first day of the crit series down there way back in 2004 :) :), wasn't born in your time . Maybe you know the guy who invited me there he's originally from PE the moolmann family
:rolleyes: hi there, yes i presume it is theo moolman, he was quite a good sprinter, had a few head to heads with him , he lasted about 3/4 years then went to back school i think.. his father was a dentist, he was quite good at his job, he had strong men crying in his chair,,,.. if you see him again, tell him you have spoken to geoff smith..bon courage.:D

bikeriderfrance said:
:rolleyes: hi there, yes i presume it is theo moolman, he was quite a good sprinter, had a few head to heads with him , he lasted about 3/4 years then went to back school i think.. his father was a dentist, he was quite good at his job, he had strong men crying in his chair,,,.. if you see him again, tell him you have spoken to geoff smith..bon courage.:D

Not theo but Graham, big chence they are family. Graham son Glynn rode for the team i rode for at walmer.

I don't see them anymore as I moved back to europe In februari.

maarten said:
Not theo but Graham, big chence they are family. Graham son Glynn rode for the team i rode for at walmer.

I don't see them anymore as I moved back to europe In februari.
strange that, its not a common name, but moolmans dad was a dentist and a orange farmer near kirkwood, still i would presume they are related... hey i see you are in belgium, do you race there, i did the vets world champs in 2003, near gent,,, i was in the 50/60 age group, what an event 135 riders flat flat course, big bunch sprint, i duffed out with 500 meters to the line when about 20 blokes jumped up onto the pavement in front of me and then jumped back onto the road with about 250 mtrs to go.. crazy..bon courage,

bikeriderfrance said:
strange that, its not a common name, but moolmans dad was a dentist and a orange farmer near kirkwood, still i would presume they are related..
well back again. :cool::cool:why well my wife and i have just had the whole of febuary in ZA, after 30 years what a change, 2 weeks in pe,1 week in durban 1 week in the cape.. i did the herald with mi old mate, chris van der mesht and plenty of KMS up and down the cape road.. hey i now know why you guys go out riding at 6 am.. mmmmmmm after about 9 am, its mayem on them rodes okey.... but we loved every minute of the trip,, had a great evening with john webb ( webs cycles pe ) he did us proud with a BBQ at his place,, most of the victorious EP track and road squad of the 70's was there... what memories. sadly all gone now... hey still racing at 6o, with a win and a 3rd so far this year... bon courage..:D:D:D

bikeriderfrance said:
bikeriderfrance said:
strange that, its not a common name, but moolmans dad was a dentist and a orange farmer near kirkwood, still i would presume they are related..
well back again. :cool::cool:why well my wife and i have just had the whole of febuary in ZA, after 30 years what a change, 2 weeks in pe,1 week in durban 1 week in the cape.. i did the herald with mi old mate, chris van der mesht and plenty of KMS up and down the cape road.. hey i now know why you guys go out riding at 6 am.. mmmmmmm after about 9 am, its mayem on them rodes okey.... but we loved every minute of the trip,, had a great evening with john webb ( webs cycles pe ) he did us proud with a BBQ at his place,, most of the victorious EP track and road squad of the 70's was there... what memories. sadly all gone now... hey still racing at 6o, with a win and a 3rd so far this year... bon courage..:D:D:D
I was a young schoolboy at that time and as a spectator watched you guys on many a night at the Westbourne Oval. Was friends with the Nagel brothers, Alan van Rooyen, Fanie Botha, Petra Strydom. Been living in CPT for 17 years and are very active in cycling (riding and admin). Was in PE for the SA Road champs early June and saw many of the old timers around. Good to hear you are still active. Keep it up!

ChrisBasson said:
I was a young schoolboy at that time and as a spectator watched you guys on many a night at the Westbourne Oval. Was friends with the Nagel brothers, Alan van Rooyen, Fanie Botha, Petra Strydom. Been living in CPT for 17 years and are very active in cycling (riding and admin). Was in PE for the SA Road champs early June and saw many of the old timers around. Good to hear you are still active. Keep it up!
hi there chris, yes we were in SA in febuary this year, saw all the old guys, infact john webb did maureen and me a braai at his place,and most of the EP team of the 70's were there, only darryl theron was missing, but we saw him in joburgh.. we had a week in cape town, did the usuall, but it rained most of the time tyhere, strange for febuary, saw old chris willemse, paul rutherford , and a couple more old WP guys,,, also did the PE herald tour with chris van der mesht, we stayed with him....we are hoping to make another trip next year,, CT will be on the itinery..Argus tour a must !!!! bon courage.. geoff.