Portland film from Florida Bike

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:01:31 -0800 (PST), datakoll
<[email protected]> may have said:

>On Nov 24, 10:13 pm, Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
>> datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >http://flabicycle.blogspot.com/2007/11/moving-little-film.html

>> Yeah, yeah. You should see how they tow cars here.
>>
>> Ted
>>
>> --
>> Ted Bennett

>with a squid?

The Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus is *not* a squid.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:55:06 -0800 (PST), JeffWills
<[email protected]> may have said:

>On Nov 24, 7:13 pm, Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
>> datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >http://flabicycle.blogspot.com/2007/11/moving-little-film.html

>> Yeah, yeah. You should see how they tow cars here.
>>
>> Ted

>Not to mention the litter on the bike paths:
>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/490921656_d008877f92.jpg?v=0

Well, if they didn't let the frat boys set up a wide-screen TV on the
path, they wouldn't have to clean up the mess from the party. Steal
the TV before they turn it on, that's the ticket.

(Actually, I'm aware of the phenomenon of the giant-screen TV, often
in working condition, that suddenly just materializes in an unwanted
location. Apparently, some who can affort $4K for the newest and
largest of the flat-panel big-screen units do not care enough to
dispose of the old one properly, not even by offering it on craigslist
for free.)

On Nov 24, 11:29 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> itsa portland cam
>
> http://seaviewer.com/
>
> the movers are sci fi quality out of ordinary time and space.
> yawl follow that right?
> like look at the sky.

When I first moved here, I thought a snorkel was a reasonable
accessory.

I looked at the sky yesterday- both from top and bottom. Flew in from
Los Angelsleeze- above the cloud deck over Oregon, then under it on
approach to PDX.

Jeff

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:08:53 -0800 (PST), datakoll
<[email protected]> may have said:

>why is Portland inhabited?

Because it's fairly far from Miami. I'm told they have a tree or two.

On Nov 25, 11:00 am, JeffWills <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 11:29 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > itsa portland cam

> >http://seaviewer.com/

> > the movers are sci fi quality out of ordinary time and space.
> > yawl follow that right?
> > like look at the sky.

> When I first moved here, I thought a snorkel was a reasonable
> accessory.
>
> I looked at the sky yesterday- both from top and bottom. Flew in from
> Los Angelsleeze- above the cloud deck over Oregon, then under it on
> approach to PDX.

Spectacularly clear and crisp today -- and most of the last three
days, with only some drear yesterday. I spent Friday and Saturday
climbing around the West Hills with some friends and swore I would
stay on the flats today, but that did not work out because I couldn't
hack the wind.

Anyway, all that moving-with-bikes stuff works in the funky, flat
'hoods in the south east, but it is not so workable on the west side
of the river -- although this might be an option: http://tinyurl.com/2xbaom

-- Jay Beattie.

Per datakoll:
>why is Portland inhabited?

The one time I took a plane in to Portland, prior to final
approach I looked around the cabin and saw 9-year-old kids
clutching umbrellas.

(my supposition being that in most of the world a nine-year-old
kid wouldn't be caught dead with an umbrella...)
--
PeteCresswell

On Nov 25, 5:20 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Per datakoll:
>
> >why is Portland inhabited?

> The one time I took a plane in to Portland, prior to final
> approach I looked around the cabin and saw 9-year-old kids
> clutching umbrellas.
>
> (my supposition being that in most of the world a nine-year-old
> kid wouldn't be caught dead with an umbrella...)
> --
> PeteCresswell

Only transplants use umbrella's in Oregon.

Steve

you have not lived until Cape Canaveral forget Miami. Miami is like
Atlanta. Portland is like...?

On Nov 25, 11:51 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> you have not lived until Cape Canaveral forget Miami. Miami is like
> Atlanta.Portlandis like...?

the Cape, suffers from a fascinating weather phenom... it's under its
very own high pressure cyclone!

an example with bad weather is at:
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MLB&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

An average cell is maybe 10x10miles. with Pad 39B/A just OUTSIDE the
cell. Obvipusly, Pad 39 should be in my living room not over there
generating edgy thunderstorms.

the cell comes from the shore shape, the two bays, the inlet, the
cape's wildness and two large swampy areas north and south at palm bay
where mainland NA ends, and the St John's swamp to the west.

AFAIK, there are no frame builder's in the area.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...MLB&textField1=28.4047&textField2=-80.605&e=0