Portland Forest Park Page

Bb

Guest
For many years, there was a page called "Coghead Corner" that provided good info on mountain biking
"trails" (most are just fireroads) in Forest Park. It dissapeared last year, so I've been working on
a new (and hopefully improved) version.

Anyone in the Portland (Oregon) vicinity might be interested. Now I just need to figure out how to
index this in Google, maybe indexing a reference to Coghead Corner as well since its still linked
all over the place.

http://bbauer.gomen.org/fpark/

BB wrote:
> For many years, there was a page called "Coghead Corner" that provided good info on mountain
> biking "trails" (most are just fireroads) in Forest Park. It dissapeared last year, so I've been
> working on a new (and hopefully improved) version.
>
> Anyone in the Portland (Oregon) vicinity might be interested. Now I just need to figure out how to
> index this in Google, maybe indexing a reference to Coghead Corner as well since its still linked
> all over the place.
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/fpark/

Blaine do you know anything about how to code the META tags for your page? I'm no wizard, but I can
do this. They are hidden attributes that hold the words and phrases that one might use to look it up
in google. Your page doesn't appear to have any headers at all (?) I am sure one of the mega geeks
here will correct me if I 'm wrong on any of this stuff.

Alter this code and paste into your source code. This will also give you a title that appears in the
browser instead of a URL, and just create a description and keywords appropriate for your page. This
is off one of mine, you can see the keywords I use so that it pops right up in google.

<HTML> <HEAD>

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Specialty Outdoors: Modification and Repairs for the outdoor
enthusiast. Full service on outdoor clothing and equipment, "> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="
repair, tent repair, outdoor gear, outdoor equipment, tents, zippers, skiwear, Gore-tex repair,
alterations, sewing, outdoor sewing, custom sewing, custom outdoor gear; custom fleece, polartec
sewing, skiwear repair, technical sewing, ">

<TITLE>Specialty Outdoors: expert outdoor sewing and repair, modifications to gear, alterations
</TITLE> </HEAD

> For many years, there was a page called "Coghead Corner" that provided good info on mountain
> biking "trails" (most are just fireroads) in Forest Park. It dissapeared last year, so I've been
> working on a new (and hopefully improved) version.
>
> Anyone in the Portland (Oregon) vicinity might be interested. Now I just need to figure out how to
> index this in Google, maybe indexing a reference to Coghead Corner as well since its still linked
> all over the place.
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/fpark/

Your post will be archived on google, and it scans the posts for URLs, sends them off to
googlebot, and tada.

I get the googlebot on my server several times. i can't seem to get google to return anything in a
search, but i see the bot in my logs.
--
~Travis

Penny S. wrote:

> Blaine do you know anything about how to code the META tags for your page? I'm no wizard, but I
> can do this. They are hidden attributes that hold the words and phrases that one might use to look
> it up in google. Your page doesn't appear to have any headers at all (?) I am sure one of the mega
> geeks here will correct me if I 'm wrong on any of this stuff.

Aye, I think everything inside the <HEAD> tags contributes, so bear in mind that the page title
has an influence too. Type in 'shaun rimmer goats' in to Google and see what comes up (no meta
tags used) :)

Follow Penny's advice and you'll be sound.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 12:32:07 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

> Alter this code and paste into your source code. This will also give you a title that appears
> in the browser instead of a URL, and just create a description and keywords appropriate for
> your page.

Thanks Penny. I totally forgot to put a title in there. I don't use some "webpage building" tool, in
fact I use an editor that you'd probably consider hopelessly archaic (vi). I'll tack on those META
tags and see how it goes. I knew it had something to do with those, I just wasn't sure what the tags
were supposed to be (or how Google finds them).

Gracias, merci, danke.. -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

In article <[email protected]>, myarse247 @hotmail.com says...
> Penny S. wrote:
>
> > Blaine do you know anything about how to code the META tags for your page? I'm no wizard, but I
> > can do this. They are hidden attributes that hold the words and phrases that one might use to
> > look it up in google. Your page doesn't appear to have any headers at all (?) I am sure one of
> > the mega geeks here will correct me if I 'm wrong on any of this stuff.
>
> Aye, I think everything inside the <HEAD> tags contributes, so bear in mind that the page title
> has an influence too. Type in 'shaun rimmer goats' in to Google and see what comes up (no meta
> tags used) :)
>
> Follow Penny's advice and you'll be sound.

Somehow... the guy fits the online personality. (just has kind of a goofy look in pic #3,
nothing bad)
--
~Travis

Technician wrote:

> Your post will be archived on google, and it scans the posts for URLs, sends them off to
> googlebot, and tada.
>
> I get the googlebot on my server several times. i can't seem to get google to return anything in a
> search, but i see the bot in my logs.

If you see bot's in your logs, you had better check your diet.

-Spider

"Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Technician wrote:
> >
> > Your post will be archived on google, and it scans the posts for URLs, sends them off to
> > googlebot, and tada.
> >
> > I get the googlebot on my server several times. i can't seem to get google to return anything in
> > a search, but i see the bot in my logs.
>
> If you see bot's in your logs, you had better check your diet.

Corn is worse.

"Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Technician wrote:
> >
> > Your post will be archived on google, and it scans the posts for URLs, sends them off to
> > googlebot, and tada.
> >
> > I get the googlebot on my server several times. i can't seem to get google to return anything in
> > a search, but i see the bot in my logs.
>
> If you see bot's in your logs, you had better check your diet.

On behalf of Steve Baker and myself: PPPPFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!

Bill "we're old AND slow, SB" S.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:11:25 -0700, BB wrote:

> in fact I use an editor that you'd probably consider hopelessly archaic
> (vi).

"Hopelessly archaic"? Blasphemer! Do not malign the name of the great and wondrous "six editor" or I
will call down the wrath of...of...

Nevermind.

gabrielle "vi vi vi", the editor of the beast

"determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pOTwa.599297$OV.564347@rwcrnsc54...

> "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Technician wrote:
> > >
> > > Your post will be archived on google, and it scans the posts for URLs, sends them off to
> > > googlebot, and tada.
> > >
> > > I get the googlebot on my server several times. i can't seem to get google to return anything
> > > in a search, but i see the bot in my logs.
> >
> > If you see bot's in your logs, you had better check your diet.
>
> Corn is worse.

And a marble even worse.
--
Slacker

gabrielle wrote:

>>in fact I use an editor that you'd probably consider hopelessly archaic
>>(vi).
>

> "Hopelessly archaic"? Blasphemer! Do not malign the name of the great and wondrous "six editor" or
> I will call down the wrath of...of...
>
> Nevermind.
>
> gabrielle "vi vi vi", the editor of the beast

Oh my, a lady who mountain bikes and thinks vi is great? I think I'm in love... :)

> gabrielle wrote:
>
> >>in fact I use an editor that you'd probably consider hopelessly archaic
> >>(vi).
> >

> > "Hopelessly archaic"? Blasphemer! Do not malign the name of the great and wondrous "six editor"
> > or I will call down the wrath of...of...
> >
> > Nevermind.
> >
> > gabrielle "vi vi vi", the editor of the beast
>
> Oh my, a lady who mountain bikes and thinks vi is great? I think I'm in love... :)

I never got used to vi, have always used pico.
--
~Travis

> Penny S. wrote:
>
> > Blaine do you know anything about how to code the META tags for your page? I'm no wizard, but I
> > can do this. They are hidden attributes that
hold
> > the words and phrases that one might use to look it up in google. Your
page
> > doesn't appear to have any headers at all (?) I am sure one of the mega geeks here will correct
> > me if I 'm wrong on any of this stuff.
>
> Aye, I think everything inside the <HEAD> tags contributes, so bear in mind that the page title
> has an influence too. Type in 'shaun rimmer goats' in to Google and see what comes up (no meta
> tags used) :)

You bait me like a master - you are a master baitor Mr. Harris.

Shaun aRe

Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, myarse247 @hotmail.com says...
> > Penny S. wrote:
> >
> > > Blaine do you know anything about how to code the META tags for
your
> > > page? I'm no wizard, but I can do this. They are hidden attributes
that hold
> > > the words and phrases that one might use to look it up in google. Your
page
> > > doesn't appear to have any headers at all (?) I am sure one of the
mega
> > > geeks here will correct me if I 'm wrong on any of this stuff.
> >
> > Aye, I think everything inside the <HEAD> tags contributes, so bear in mind that the page title
> > has an influence too. Type in 'shaun rimmer goats' in to Google and see what comes up (no meta
> > tags used) :)
> >
> > Follow Penny's advice and you'll be sound.
> >

> Somehow... the guy fits the online personality. (just has kind of a goofy look in pic #3,
> nothing bad)

I might appear 'goofy' to the ignorant and uninitiated, but I'm sharper than a new razor, child, so,
watch your step.

Shaun aRe - That tewd 'im.

> Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> your
> that hold
> page
> mega
> > >
> > > Aye, I think everything inside the <HEAD> tags contributes, so bear in mind that the page
> > > title has an influence too. Type in 'shaun rimmer goats' in to Google and see what comes up
> > > (no meta tags used) :)
> > >
> > > Follow Penny's advice and you'll be sound.
> > >

> > Somehow... the guy fits the online personality. (just has kind of a goofy look in pic #3,
> > nothing bad)
>
> I might appear 'goofy' to the ignorant and uninitiated, but I'm sharper than a new razor, child,
> so, watch your step.
>

> Shaun aRe - That tewd 'im.

he he he
--