portland OR

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Run_now, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Run_now

    Run_now Guest

    could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown portland
    OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...

    thx

    Tags:

  2. Ryan Pearman

    Ryan Pearman Guest

    Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
    water (cross at Steel bridge) and you get ~8-9 miles.

    "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown portland
    > OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...
    >
    > thx

  3. Run_now

    Run_now Guest

    thx- so i can start down south in McCall park, go north, over Steel bridge, south on the east side
    and back over the river on another bridge?

    "Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
    > water (cross at Steel bridge) and you get ~8-9 miles.
    >
    > "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown
    > > portland OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...
    > >
    > > thx

  4. That's a toughie. Finding a heroin dealer in Portland however.........

  5. Ryan Pearman

    Ryan Pearman Guest

    Starting in MCCall park, head north, around the Steel Bridge, head south past OMSI to the end of the
    riverwalk, turn around, head back to the Steel bridge, cross, head back south until you come to the
    other end of the riverwalk (by the Mariott, I think), turn around and return to where you started. A
    little under 8 miles. YOu can continue past OMSI (follow the bike path) down the Springwater
    corridor (old RR right of way) and add another 3-3.5 miles (each way -- mile markers every 1/2 mile,
    start is actually at 0.5 miles)

    I actually do the Steel-Sellwood loop for 11 miles, the Sellwood bridge is at the south end of the
    Springwater corridor, but describing the west-side directions gets tricky.

    --Ryan

    "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > thx- so i can start down south in McCall park, go north, over Steel bridge, south on the east side
    > and back over the river on another bridge?
    >

    > "Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
    > > water (cross at Steel bridge) and
    you
    > > get ~8-9 miles.
    > >
    > > "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can
    easily
    > > > get to from downtown portland OR without a car? something not
    > > > hilly as i come from the flatlands...
    > > >
    > > > thx

  6. Run_now

    Run_now Guest

    sounds like a plan. much thx. now i hope it is dry for an hour or two on the weekend of the 21st!