portland OR

R

Run_now

could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown portland
OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...

thx

Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
water (cross at Steel bridge) and you get ~8-9 miles.

"run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown portland
> OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...
>
> thx

thx- so i can start down south in McCall park, go north, over Steel bridge, south on the east side
and back over the river on another bridge?

"Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
> water (cross at Steel bridge) and you get ~8-9 miles.
>
> "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can easily get to from downtown
> > portland OR without a car? something not to hilly as i come from the flatlands...
> >
> > thx

That's a toughie. Finding a heroin dealer in Portland however.........

Starting in MCCall park, head north, around the Steel Bridge, head south past OMSI to the end of the
riverwalk, turn around, head back to the Steel bridge, cross, head back south until you come to the
other end of the riverwalk (by the Mariott, I think), turn around and return to where you started. A
little under 8 miles. YOu can continue past OMSI (follow the bike path) down the Springwater
corridor (old RR right of way) and add another 3-3.5 miles (each way -- mile markers every 1/2 mile,
start is actually at 0.5 miles)

I actually do the Steel-Sellwood loop for 11 miles, the Sellwood bridge is at the south end of the
Springwater corridor, but describing the west-side directions gets tricky.

--Ryan

"run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> thx- so i can start down south in McCall park, go north, over Steel bridge, south on the east side
> and back over the river on another bridge?
>
>
> "Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of the
> > water (cross at Steel bridge) and
you
> > get ~8-9 miles.
> >
> > "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can
easily
> > > get to from downtown portland OR without a car? something not
to
> > > hilly as i come from the flatlands...
> > >
> > > thx

sounds like a plan. much thx. now i hope it is dry for an hour or two on the weekend of the 21st!

"Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Starting in MCCall park, head north, around the Steel Bridge, head south past OMSI to the end of
> the riverwalk, turn around, head back to the Steel bridge, cross, head back south until you come
> to the other end of the riverwalk (by the Mariott, I think), turn around and return to where you
> started. A little under 8 miles. YOu can continue past OMSI (follow the bike path) down the
> Springwater corridor (old RR right of way) and add another 3-3.5 miles (each way -- mile markers
> every 1/2 mile, start is actually at 0.5 miles)
>
> I actually do the Steel-Sellwood loop for 11 miles, the Sellwood bridge is at the south end of the
> Springwater corridor, but describing the west-side directions gets tricky.
>
> --Ryan
>
> "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > thx- so i can start down south in McCall park, go north, over Steel bridge, south on the east
> > side and back over the river on another bridge?
> >
> >
> > "Ryan Pearman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Yeah, head down to the waterfront. Go as far as you can in both directions on both sides of
> > > the water (cross at Steel bridge) and
> you
> > > get ~8-9 miles.
> > >
> > > "run_now" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > could someone point me to a nice 6-10 mile running path i can
> easily
> > > > get to from downtown portland OR without a car? something not
> to
> > > > hilly as i come from the flatlands...
> > > >
> > > > thx