I'm looking for a good bike route from downtown Portland, OR to central Beaverton, OR Suggestions?
-- Paul
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
I'm looking for a good bike route from downtown Portland, OR to central Beaverton, OR Suggestions?
-- Paul
In article <[email hidden]>,
Paul A. Steckler said:I'm looking for a good bike route from downtown Portland, OR to central Beaverton, OR Suggestions?
-- Paul
1. get the bike-route-map at a bike store or other store
2. try: Barbur Blvd to Capitol Hwy to Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. At Scholls Ferry Rd you lose the bike
lane, so left onto Scholls Ferry, now you are headed SW. Then right onto Jaimeson (spelling?),
then left into a residential neighborhood about 3 blocks south of rejoining B.H.Hwy.
From there follow the bike-route-map to find a pedestrian path to get to 5th Street. From Jaimeson
I think it is: left, first right, first right, left onto ped. path. If that fails, get to 5th by
other means and run the route in reverse.
3. If above route does not have enough hills, try roads near Washington Park that are marked "good"
on the bike-route-map, get to downhill part of Barnes which does not have bike lane all the way,
find your way to Parkway, and so on.
Not that we should all insist on bike lanes, but B.H.Hwy west of Scholls Ferry SUCKS for biking in
some sections. Barnes segments without bike lanes I find to be OK.
Phil White USENET: philip.w.white at (OR) philipwwhite at tek.COM msn.com Portland, OR 97221
USA 503-246-6718
Paul A. Steckler said:I'm looking for a good bike route from downtown Portland, OR to central Beaverton, OR Suggestions?
-- Paul
MAX
-Bill Asher
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:39:16 -0800 in rec.bicycles.rides, "Paul
A. Steckler said:I'm looking for a good bike route from downtown Portland, OR to central Beaverton, OR Suggestions?
i didn't know beaverton had a center. it always just seemd like more illogically developed suburban
sprawl to me.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.