portland to olympia???

AndySchleck

Aug 5, 2010
im about to go on a 124 mile ride from portland oregon to olympia washington, by myself, with a very large pack on the back of my bike, alone. previously to this the longest ride i went on was to silver creek falls in the middle of oregon. im nervous

well i did it in nine hours! not that great of time but i was taking it slow and was trying to really pace myself. it was 3 hours faster than i expected. time to that every week haha

good job, you'll have no problems taking Menchov in the upcoming Vuelta with training like that!

haha i know its not much, but ive been biking for just over a year. dont hate! but yeah menchov is going down :rolleyes:

AndySchleck said:
haha i know its not much, but ive been biking for just over a year. dont hate! but yeah menchov is going down :rolleyes:

not hating, you've ridden more miles on that ride alone than many people do in weeks of riding. heck, you've ridden longer than i have in one go ( although my 100 milers are non stop, no stopping, all pedaling and hover at around 5 hours 30 minutes ) but not for long!

mechov vs schleck is supposed to be the big rivalry in this years Vuelta so good luck, my money's on Menchov.

well thank you! now i just need to keep doing it faster! and i certainly am not saying schlecks gonna take it easily, that wouldnt be any fun, i want to see a heated battle