Portly shorts

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob Weissman, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. Bob Weissman

    Bob Weissman Guest

    I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline needs
    an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean. Shorts
    with large enough waistlines are too long for me.

    Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter inseam
    for those of us with wider waistlines?

    Thanks,
    - Bob

    Tags:

  2. GaryG

    GaryG Guest

    Bob Weissman wrote:
    > I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

    needs
    > an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

    Shorts
    > with large enough waistlines are too long for me.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

    inseam
    > for those of us with wider waistlines?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > - Bob

    Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?

    GG

  3. Bob Weissman

    Bob Weissman Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    GaryG <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bob Weissman wrote:
    >> I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

    >needs
    >> an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

    >Shorts
    >> with large enough waistlines are too long for me.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

    >inseam
    >> for those of us with wider waistlines?
    >>

    >Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?
    >
    >GG

    Well, I've looked "at" them, but not in any great detail. Tell me why
    you think they would be a good fit for me?

    Thanks,
    - Bob

  4. "Bob Weissman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > GaryG <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>Bob Weissman wrote:
    >>> I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

    >>needs
    >>> an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

    >>Shorts
    >>> with large enough waistlines are too long for me.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

    >>inseam
    >>> for those of us with wider waistlines?
    >>>

    >>Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?
    >>
    >>GG

    > Well, I've looked "at" them, but not in any great detail. Tell me why
    > you think they would be a good fit for me?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > - Bob

    I fit into the Fattie Master category. I've found bib shorts the only way
    to go. The waist line doesn't fold down under, nor is there any undo
    pressure around the waist. And you avoid the dreaded plumber's butt. I
    haven't worn short since I tried my first bib.

    Performance's house brand bibs come in sizes for those of us whom gravity
    makes awesome on descents! I also really like the DiMarchi Contour Bib plus
    as well... finding them much more comfortable than the performance shorts
    but more expensive as well.

    HTH YMMV

  5. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:25:34 GMT, [email protected] (Bob Weissman) wrote:

    >I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline needs
    >an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean. Shorts
    >with large enough waistlines are too long for me.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter inseam
    >for those of us with wider waistlines?

    I don't get the problem, the shorts are too long and end near your knee? The
    cheaper shorts do tend to be shorter. I think 8" is the shortest leg you'll
    find.

    Besides, it ain't like the over-long short is going to ruin your sexy, sleek
    look.

    Being over thick about the middle myself, let me suggest bibs.

    Ron