Portugal - questions and answers

Pedal Portugal

Jul 6, 2016
Hello

I've only recently discovered this forum and wanted to ask if there are any riders out there with experiences of riding in Portugal or questions about the country.

I run a website called Pedal Portugal that gives free advice and information on cycling in Portugal. The site has everything from ideas for touring routes, to lists of campsites and bike shops, information on maps and taking bikes on trains etc etc. There's also an advice form for anyone with specific queries.

However, as this is a one-man project, I'm always looking for information or feedback from other riders that I can share. So if you've got anything useful you could share - whether it's a good (or bad) route, details of a good cycle trail or experiences of hiring bikes in Portugal I'd love to hear.

I also run my own guided tours and a bespoke route planning service.

Cheers, Huw

Reactions: Mollydoo
Hello

I've only recently discovered this forum and wanted to ask if there are any riders out there with experiences of riding in Portugal or questions about the country.

I run a website called Pedal Portugal that gives free advice and information on cycling in Portugal. The site has everything from ideas for touring routes, to lists of campsites and bike shops, information on maps and taking bikes on trains etc etc. There's also an advice form for anyone with specific queries.

However, as this is a one-man project, I'm always looking for information or feedback from other riders that I can share. So if you've got anything useful you could share - whether it's a good (or bad) route, details of a good cycle trail or experiences of hiring bikes in Portugal I'd love to hear.

I also run my own guided tours and a bespoke route planning service.

Cheers, Huw
So is this an advertisement? Because that is what it is looking like to me...

So is this an advertisement? Because that is what it is looking like to me...
The website is a completely free resource. I've been running it for about 10 years and have given free advice to dozens of riders who have contacted me with questions. If you look at it you can see how much information is on there and judge for yourself how much use it is. (There's also no advertising and the website itself doesn't make me any money.)
This year I started running some guided tours and yes I do make money from them.