positive image of cycling

Wafflydirtycatl

Guest
Cruddy bell!! I couldn't believe it.

Vernon gets the CIPD magazine and with the current one is a review of recruitment marketing. It's
stuffed dull of adverts and one really stood out to both Vernon and I. It's for an advertising
agency called Ward Diamond Advertising and the ad is full-page, glossy, picture of a slightly muddy
cyclist, face view, with partial of bike frame in front (looks like a road frame). The theme of the
ad is to promote the agency and its strap line is "feel the benefits" and goes on to say how the WD
team cycle 325 miles to & from work every week andf how they feel the benefits. Cor! A really
positive image of cycling! The only very minor criticism (and it's me being very picky, I admit) I
have is the face of the cyclist is mud-splattered. Cycling doesn't mean always arriving
mud-splatted. But then, if this aprticular agency is located off-road, it may well do ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cruddy bell!! I couldn't believe it.
>
> Vernon gets the CIPD magazine and with the current one is a review of recruitment marketing. It's
> stuffed dull of adverts and one really stood
out to
> both Vernon and I. It's for an advertising agency called Ward Diamond Advertising and the ad is
> full-page, glossy, picture of a slightly muddy cyclist, face view, with partial of bike frame in
> front (looks like a road frame). The theme of the ad is to promote the agency and its strap line
> is "feel the benefits" and goes on to say how the WD team cycle 325 miles to
&
> from work every week andf how they feel the benefits. Cor! A really
positive
> image of cycling! The only very minor criticism (and it's me being very
picky,
> I admit) I have is the face of the cyclist is mud-splattered. Cycling
doesn't
> mean always arriving mud-splatted. But then, if this aprticular agency is located off-road, it may
> well do ;-)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Nevertheless, the way the weather's been round these 'ere parts of late, they'd have to take their
own water to whip up a bit of mud....if they could break the concrete like mud down enough to mix it
up....... Not that I'm complaining of course ;-) Good to hear that it's starting to be used in the
marketing world though. Shouldn't be long before it's profitable to start up a little independant
adult training company. Dave.

>In a plain brown wrapper I hope ;-)
>
>CIPD? Cyclists in PSF Disguises?

Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (a yawwwwnnnn if ever there was one!).

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame

I remember years ago, i.e. before 1990, I saw an advert for Xerox photocopiers and their after sales
service, it showed a roadie receiving adjustment on the move from a mechanic leaning our of his car.
The strap line was something to do with keeping your business moving. I noticed a phase about five
years ago of bikes appearing in adverts for all sorts of things.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (a yawwwwnnnn if ever there was one!).

Sounds like something that ought to be a guest publication on HIGNFY...

Simon