Positive Juniors



Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tritonrider

Guest
We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are some really
talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes, Adam and Matt; Jesse
Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill C.
 
T

Tritonrider

Guest
I forgot two others who are friends. Tucker Olander who is incredibly strong, ended up fifth after a
flat and brutal crash at cross nats. Getting much better at bike handling, when he gets it together
there, look out. The other is ECV's Ethan Tieger the Mass. state 13/14 cross champion.

Bill C.
 
E

Ewoud Dronkert

Guest
TritonRider wrote:
> These are some really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit.

I thought this was going to be a dope thread..
 
B

Bbc3

Guest
"TritonRider" wrote:
> Who are some the good upcoming kids you know?

Adam McGrath, 15 years old -- Boulder, CO

Adam is a great example of a very positive, mature, and talented junior rider. Competes in
Cyclocross, Mtn Bike, and Road racing.

--
Bill
 
T

Tritonrider

Guest
>From: Ewoud Dronkert [email protected]

>I thought this was going to be a dope thread..

As far as I know, and I'd be really surprised to find out otherwise these kids are clean. Bill C.
 
T

Tritonrider

Guest
>Adam McGrath, 15 years old -- Boulder, CO
>
>Adam is a great example of a very positive, mature, and talented junior rider. Competes in
>Cyclocross, Mtn Bike, and Road racing.
>
>--
>Bill
>
>

Just googled him. That's pretty impressive. Seems to be a really versatile rider. We've talked to
Alex Coehlo a couple of times, he seems to be a good kid too. For speed and power he may be the
best young rider I have seen.

Bill C.
 
A

Andrew Martin

Guest
[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are some
> really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes, Adam and
> Matt; Jesse Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
> 15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
> improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill C.

Tyler Farrar is one of the top riders in the PNW, just picked up a contract with Jelly Belly,
and should be one to watch in the years to come. He's 18/19 and should do well in the NRC if
given a shot.

-a
 
R

Robert

Guest
Watch for Charlie Vives and Raphael Tremblay from Quebec. First year Juniors this year ;they did
very well as 15-16 last year against Juniors in Vermont

Robert

On 19 Jan 2003 22:04:42 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are some
> really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes, Adam and
> Matt; Jesse Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
>15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
> improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill C.

______________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><>
The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><
 
T

Tom Arsenault

Guest
Robert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Watch for Charlie Vives and Raphael Tremblay from Quebec. First year Juniors this year ;they did
> very well as 15-16 last year against Juniors in Vermont
>
> Robert
>
>
> On 19 Jan 2003 22:04:42 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:
>
> > We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are some
> > really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes, Adam and
> > Matt; Jesse Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
> >15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
> > improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill C.
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><>
> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

In the Southeast, look out for Lauren Trull (2x National Cross Champion, reigning Crit National
Champion). She's only 15, and will be flying again this year.

In the Northeast, check out Liza Winne who used to ride for Team Grimace out of Maine. Don't know if
Grimace is still around as I've not heard anything much from them lately, but I'm sure Beau Lambert
has something going on up there. Also, a Grimace alum, Oliver Stiller Cote, look out for him as well
on the road.

Tom
 
A

Andrew Martin

Guest
[email protected] (TrickBiker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are some
> > > really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes, Adam and
> > > Matt; Jesse Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
> > > 15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
> > > improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill
> > > C.
> >
> > Tyler Farrar is one of the top riders in the PNW, just picked up a contract with Jelly Belly,
> > and should be one to watch in the years to come. He's 18/19 and should do well in the NRC if
> > given a shot.
> >
> > -a
> We've got a great group of juniors out here in the pacnw. Adam Southerland is another. Just 18
> this year, races road and track. Took a silver in the Kilo last year in Indy Nats after spending
> the day in the emergency room getting head scans and stitches. Won the Washingon BAR last year for
> Junor 17-18 road riders. He's still a junior this year....watch out! -pv

I'd almost forgot about Adam. He's a stronger rider than he gives himself credit for (e.g. he needs
to upgrade to a 2). He's plenty confident on the track and is constantly mixing it up with the best.

Add to that the amazing group of riders supported by Rad Racing, and you might actually call the
prospects "Rosy".
 
T

Trickbiker

Guest
[email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (TrickBiker) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > > We've been talking about problems in Juniors, let's talk about the good stuff. These are
> > > > some really talented and nice young juniors I have met and know a little bit. Both Cranes,
> > > > Adam and Matt; Jesse Anthony is a great kid; Toby Marzot is a
> > > > 15/16 who's gonna be real good; and I think kevin Wolfson is just going to get better he has
> > > > improved incredibly this cross season. Who are some the good upcoming kids you know? Bill
> > > > C.
> > >
> > > Tyler Farrar is one of the top riders in the PNW, just picked up a contract with Jelly Belly,
> > > and should be one to watch in the years to come. He's 18/19 and should do well in the NRC if
> > > given a shot.
> > >
> > > -a
> > We've got a great group of juniors out here in the pacnw. Adam Southerland is another. Just 18
> > this year, races road and track. Took a silver in the Kilo last year in Indy Nats after spending
> > the day in the emergency room getting head scans and stitches. Won the Washingon BAR last year
> > for Junor 17-18 road riders. He's still a junior this year....watch out! -pv
>
> I'd almost forgot about Adam. He's a stronger rider than he gives himself credit for (e.g. he
> needs to upgrade to a 2). He's plenty confident on the track and is constantly mixing it up with
> the best.
>
> Add to that the amazing group of riders supported by Rad Racing, and you might actually call the
> prospects "Rosy".
Yes, he did upgrade to the 2s last year just before the Talgo Crit, which was a rain out. He just
continue's to get stronger...wish I had an 18 yr old body again....
 
A

Andrew Martin

Guest
[email protected] (TrickBiker) wrote in message
> Yes, he did upgrade to the 2s last year just before the Talgo Crit, which was a rain out. He just
> continue's to get stronger...wish I had an 18 yr old body again....

Good to hear he finally upgraded (I was out of the country for the second half of the summer) - is
he still racing for Wheelsport? Not a lot of teammates in the 1/2s with that squad. -a
 
T

Trickbiker

Guest
[email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (TrickBiker) wrote in message
> > Yes, he did upgrade to the 2s last year just before the Talgo Crit, which was a rain out. He
> > just continue's to get stronger...wish I had an 18 yr old body again....
>
> Good to hear he finally upgraded (I was out of the country for the second half of the summer) - is
> he still racing for Wheelsport? Not a lot of teammates in the 1/2s with that squad. -a
Rather than try to "do everything" and based on his results at track nats, Adam has made the
decision to focus on the track during his last year as a Junior. He has a very good coach and has
been working hard in the off season. I suspect his road racing will suffer a bit, but he should be
wicked fast in time trials and crits. He has joined a Portland area team, Corben Huntair with his
buddy Marty Cahill (another very fast Junior). Corbein will be providing financial support to travel
to some AVCs and Houston etc. Watch for him, should be an exciting year! -pv (I'm the proud dad)


support
 
T

Tom Arsenault

Guest
[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (Tom Arsenault)
>
> >In the Southeast, look out for Lauren Trull (2x National Cross Champion, reigning Crit National
> >Champion). She's only 15, and will be flying again this year.
> >
> >In the Northeast, check out Liza Winne who used to ride for Team Grimace out of Maine. Don't know
> >if Grimace is still around as I've not heard anything much from them lately, but I'm sure Beau
> >Lambert has something going on up there. Also, a Grimace alum, Oliver Stiller Cote, look out for
> >him as well on the road.
> >
> >Tom
> >
>
> Saw Lauren at Nats. Don't think I've seen Liza, about the only junior woman we see regularly is
> Stephanie White from the NHJunior Cycling Academy team who had a good year racing mostly elite
> women in cross. Talked to Oliver a couple of times. Definitely another good fast kid.
>
> Bill C.

Liza, as far as I remember, was strictly mountain as far as racing. She has been to the last couple
of World Championships I believe. So we probably won't see her on the road.

Tom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.