Possible aurora

Dirtylitterboxo

Guest
Okay guys - last time some of you missed it. But, there is a chance of seeing auroras tonight if you
have a clear sky. See

www.spaceweather.com www.aurorawatch.york.ac.uk

As of now in Norfolk - clouds. BAH!

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Okay guys - last time some of you missed it. But, there is a chance of
seeing
> auroras tonight if you have a clear sky. See
>
> www.spaceweather.com www.aurorawatch.york.ac.uk
>
> As of now in Norfolk - clouds. BAH!

Yes, those sunspots from a month ago have come around again.

I noticed this about an hour ago. See massive red region here: http://www.spacew.com/www/aurvis.gif

from this site http://www.spacew.com/www/aurora.html

- I'm cycling into the hills tonight to see if I can get a glimpse of it.

> - I'm cycling into the hills tonight to see if I can get a glimpse of it.

Good luck - it's incredibly cloudy round me, so no chance :-(

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

> Okay guys - last time some of you missed it. But, there is a chance of seeing auroras tonight if
> you have a clear sky. See

Faint and static and monochrome over Dundee, but clearly there and rather attractive. Saw them
cycling back from a ceilidh on the grassy beach cycle track between B'Ferry and Dundee, which is
fairly dark. And the Obligatory Recumbent Plug: 'bents are *far* better for stargazing and aurora
watching than a wedgie!

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > - I'm cycling into the hills tonight to see if I can get a glimpse of
it.

> Good luck - it's incredibly cloudy round me, so no chance :-(
>
> Cheers, helen s

Same here. I went out into the countryside at 2000, I had the surroundings and the music for a
memorable experience, but it was overcast :-(. I happened to look out of the window to the north
this morning at 0400 and it was completely clear but sod's law dictated that the event had
passed by then.

Hopefully it won't be the last aurora of this present sunspot cycle otherwise we'll have to wait
another 11 years.

Simon

On 20 Nov 2003 17:15:55 GMT, [email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

>Okay guys - last time some of you missed it. But, there is a chance of seeing auroras tonight if
>you have a clear sky.

What's a clear sky?

James

--
"Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.