Hey, a lock to lock your lock! Quite logical, but don't believe I can modify the plastic sleeve existing on my Trek Kryptonite, planning a trip to the hardware shop with the calipers...
Hey, a lock to lock your lock! Quite logical, but don't believe I can modify the plastic sleeve existing on my Trek Kryptonite, planning a trip to the hardware shop with the calipers...
Well, I quizzed a lockmith on this a little while ago, and he said that it's not a general flaw in barrel-key locks. The pin plungers in some cheaper lock cylinders (which Kryptonite went with when they moved to Taiwan) are at just the right setback from the slot to be depressed by an angled object stuck in the keyhole. Older and higher quality lock systems have a different plunger arrangement which makes it more difficult to pull the same trick. I tried it with an Abus, and an old Citadel, with no unauthorised entry. The keys still worked afterwards.
That's why monopolies are bad. When they finally exhibit their fatal flaws, we're all in the #$%&.