Possible to find 40 degree 135 1" stem with 31.8 clamp

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Blarrain, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Blarrain

    Blarrain Guest

    I am trying to find this stem. Is it possible? I amsaw a new bar I really llike but it only comes
    with 31.8 clamp area. I have a 1" threadless fork so I prefer to have a 1" stem. I know shims are
    available but those look pretty clunky & add weight.

    Know of any sources?

    Also what's the big draw for 31.8 clamp section?

    Thanks

    Barb

    Tags:

  2. Fred Roses

    Fred Roses Guest

    [email protected] (BLarrain) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am trying to find this stem. Is it possible? I amsaw a new bar I really >llike but it only comes
    > with 31.8 clamp area. I have a 1" threadless fork so > I prefer to have a 1" stem. I know shims
    > are available but those look pretty > clunky & add weight.
    >
    > Know of any sources?

    I think this would be impossible to find "off the shelf" but you could get it built. Salsa says they
    offer custom sizes and most frame builders would braze/weld you a stem. Carl Strong built me a
    beauty and some others such as Steve Rex, the Cycip Brothers, ans Steelman feature custom stems on
    their web pages. By the way, some might say that if you need such a long, high-rise stem that your
    frame must be way too small!!

    Fred Roses

    In article <[email protected]>, BLarrain <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I am trying to find this stem. Is it possible? I amsaw a new bar I really llike but it only comes
    >with 31.8 clamp area. I have a 1" threadless fork so I prefer to have a 1" stem. I know shims are
    >available but those look pretty clunky & add weight.
    >
    >Know of any sources?

    _ Try www.aebike.com. They seem to have the largest selection of stems. I think you'll have a hard
    time finding it in a 1" size though.

    _ Booker C. Bense

    iQCVAwUBP9ENx2TWTAjn5N/lAQFRkwP9FplPqFtTqAezYk22geF0/1JIfxvJU/Gt
    9rYQtPEYqpgjOfvtX2494Amp6OQqAv26bAbb/l0oDQJJBNRoUfi8M89pnthfepvW
    67J1sCfp9aZU5ACfmODVlEoRA5GvwPyHsUTS5Hli8tQOVYRTHOXP8fgIaqbccwjc bQPSiwUwVTU= =SZzq -----END PGP
    SIGNATURE-----